Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
We support and process the core financial accounting systems for one of the nation’s largest banks. We host the back-end processing for ATM/Debit cards, Online Banking/Mobile Banking as well as Online Account Opening. We engage with our client to understand their business and technology needs and find creative solutions to deliver premium and customized processes tailored to meet both their and their customer’s needs.
What you will be doing
You will be collaborating with a team of talented Business Analysts and Programmer Analysts to support our client’s core banking platform in both production and development environments. You will architect, design, develop, and test creative solutions to complex technical challenges. You will provide technical leadership and expertise to quickly resolve time-sensitive problems in a production processing environment.
- Provides application software development services or technical support in a mainframe batch and CICS online environment.
- Analyzes requirements, translates business requirements into product designs, develops COBOL code, tests, debugs, documents, and implements changes into software applications.
- Suggests technical and non-technical alternatives and improves/streamlines processes and systems.
- May provide leadership and/or guidance to other technical professionals
What you bring:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience
- Experience with one or more components of the Systematics application suite and/or other mainframe financial services applications
- Experience developing with COBOL in mainframe batch and CICS online environments
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Excellent problem-solving, team and time management skills
Added bonus if you have:
- Familiarity of end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
- Knowledge of ASSEMBLER programming language
- Experience in DB2 in a mainframe environment
- Experience with non-mainframe application programming
- Code Connect; Web Services, Regulatory Compliance experience would be beneficial
What we offer you
- A competitive salary and benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.