Senior Platform Engineer, Machine Learning at Ibotta
Ibotta is seeking a Senior Platform Engineer, Machine Learning to lead the development of Ibotta’s next generation of Machine Learning (ML) platforms and systems. We're looking for a world-class engineer who has a passion for building scalable ML solutions using technologies such as AWS (Sagemaker, EC2, Dynamo, Kinesis, etc.), Kafka, Spark, etc. Every member of our agile team has input into our roadmap and will have a real impact.
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Research, design, and deploy the next generation of Ibotta’s ML architectures, workflows, and standards that seamlessly integrate with key product features across the organization.
- Work with Ibotta architecture team to ensure integration of ML services and pipelines in larger technology infrastructure.
- Identify, research, prototype and evaluate cutting edge big data and ML technologies.
- Be the leading contributor, voice, and thought leader for developing event-driven ML microservices.
- Work cross functionally to ensure ML services are built and integrated with best current practices.
Here is what we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of professional industry experience as an ML Engineer or Software Engineer, focused on deploying high data throughput systems at scale.
- Deep hands-on experience building, releasing, monitoring, and supporting mission-critical services in high traffic applications.
- Extensive experience working within a cloud-based infrastructure, ideally AWS.
- An understanding of ML fundamentals and how ML applications are developed and deployed in a modern software architecture.
- Ability to leverage agile methodologies to gather requirements from stakeholders and execute in a service oriented architecture.
- Proven experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
Nice to have:
- Expertise working with distributed big-data tools and event-driven architectures, ideally Spark and Kafka.
- Advanced knowledge of multiple ML frameworks like: Sklearn, TensorFlow, Sagemaker, Spark ML.
- Experience working directly with data science and ML teams.
- Familiarity/experience with SRE concepts/practices
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $500 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.