**Please note how we will consider candidates from the following locations: Austin, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, New York City, San Francisco, Seattle
Nylas is a pioneer and leading provider of universal communications APIs that allow developers to quickly connect their applications to every email, calendar, or contacts provider in the world. Over 40,000 developers around the globe use the Nylas communications platform to process over 1.2 billion API requests and 15TB of data per day from providers such as Gmail, Microsoft Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo! and more.
Who We Are
Nylas was founded in 2013 and has raised over $175M to date from Tiger Global, 8VC, Spark Capital, Slack, and more; as well as individual investors including Patrick Collison, Co-Founder and CEO of Stripe, John Collison, President and Co-Founder of Stripe, Sebastian Siemiatkowski, CEO of Klarna, and Tony Fadell. Developers around the world use Nylas to quickly and securely build email, scheduling, and work automation features into their applications. Nylas customers include Upwork, Wix, Freshworks, Lever, Dialpad, Ceridian, and Move.com.
Nylas is a BIG advocate for the well-being of its employees, which is why we have embraced a People First philosophy. It’s about giving more autonomy and flexibility to our employees. It’s not about when, where or how the work is accomplished; it’s about adopting a mindset of velocity and trust when tackling the work. It’s about respecting individual working styles, disabilities, and personal schedules, but also ensuring everyone has a better work-life balance. The outcomes will always be more important than the physical location.
Nylanauts have the ability to decide the best workspace or environment that will result in more ideas, engagement, creativity, focus, collaboration, and productivity. Why? Because we want our employees to be great; because we are focussed on being a high-performing team. To achieve this mission, we remove barriers and offer more autonomy. So, Nylanauts are encouraged to find those environments that inspire them to be great. This means Nylanauts can work from the slopes of Montana or from the beaches of Italy.
And if Nylanauts want to work from an office in one of our hubs (San Francisco, Denver, New York City, Toronto, and London), they can! The workspace is there to be utilized.
So, if you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product, and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you. Want to know more? Check us out on Comparably and Great Place to Work!
Fastest Growing Companies (Inc 500)
2020 Great Place to Work (Great Place to Work)
2020 Best Places for Professional Development (Comparably)
2020 Happiest Employees (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Compensation (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Perks & Benefits (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Work-Life Balance (Comparably)
Nylas is searching for a Senior People Analytics Analyst to partner with all the various teams and departments as we enter our next phase of growth. This is a remarkable opportunity that will work at the intersection of recruiting strategy, operations, and project management. Reporting to the Head of People, you will oversee metrics and the analysis of people data. You will deliver insights and reporting for our senior leaders and serve as a subject matter expert for all things related to people data. Moreover, you will manage and drive processes for analyzing, interpreting, and visualizing data in creative ways. You will drive relationships with people managers by developing analytics, reporting, and scalable best-in-class processes. You are someone who exudes gumption; loves ambiguity; challenges the status quo; and sees themselves as a builder.
What You'll Do
- Design, execute, and optimize the analysis of people data to provide actionable insights for leaders
- Assist in the development of new data sets, metrics, and reporting to help track strategic priorities, workforce trends, and talent flows
- Create visualizations of data to ensure effective communication of analysis insights and implications
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and proactively identify and suggest topics for analysis that capture larger strategic themes
- Be a champion in the use of people data and analytics to drive efficiencies in the production and consumption of reporting
- Leverage data and storytelling to support decision-making and enable change across the organization
- Utilize issue-based problem solving techniques to rapidly identity problem statements and structure key activities to deliver outcomes
- Leverage data to support pragmatic analysis and build narratives as applicable to support project teams in advancing decisions for specific initiatives
What You'll Bring
- 7+ years’ experience, preferably working across analytics, operations, finance, or consulting
- Experience working with People Data (e.g. recruiting metrics, engagement and retention, DEI, and other people analytics)
- Experience with Google Sheets and Google Slides with the ability to develop high quality dashboards and presentations independently and efficiently
- Deep expertise in data collection and data visualization skills
- Experience with SQL, Excel, and other analytics tools (e.g. Tableau, Python)
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) to diverse audiences
- Ability to manage multiple challenging projects that require creativity and problem solving
- Experience in survey design & analysis
- Self-directed with an ability to interpret data to understand trends and derive meaningful insights with little oversight
- A genuine curiosity and experience in analyzing complex people problems or situations and developing practical solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication, experience presenting analyses to management and ability to lead and drive initiatives
- Curious to dig deeper beyond the surface level of a job profile researching market trends, domain technology, and seek out information to have a solid understanding of the business
- A curiosity and passion to learn a lot! Always pushing things forward and simplifying our processes and procedures
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
- Healthcare: 90% of medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family
- Retirement Plan: 401k & RRSP with a company match (super rare for a startup)
- Holidays: 14 paid annual holidays (New Year’s Day, Family Day, President’s Day, Good Friday, Indigenous People's Day, etc)
- Education Stipend: annual education & development benefit
- Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
- Voting/Election PTO: 4 hours of paid time off to vote in person or volunteer at a polling place
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.
Read Full Job Description