Billtrust is seeking a Senior Database Engineer (MySQL) to execute on database strategies and take responsibility
for database integrity, architecture, modeling, security, DR and performance tuning for our MySQL and mongo
databases. The Senior Database Engineer will play a key role in managing and improving the health and stability of our enterprise
MySQL and Mongo instances in a 24x7 hosted environment.
- Own the MySQL and Mongo Server environment including the hands-on execution of strategies for operational and
development support, monitoring, deployments, security and performance analysis
- Improve database performance and operational excellence
- Develop, manage and maintain capacity, disaster recovery (DR) and day-to-day database operations
- Troubleshoot database-related application performance issues and recommend solutions
- Contribute to the building out of database architecture, design and modeling to improve database integrity
- Adhere to best practices regarding access to and management of databases
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to troubleshoot live issues, internally or externally-reported
- Communicate with and update management on systems health
- Participate in on-call rotation supporting and troubleshooting database issues off-hours
- Proven ability in executing and supporting strategies to ensure the health of enterprise database environments;
4+ years of relevant experience in 24x7, mission-critical settings
- Successful track record in the hands-on support, monitoring, architecture, deploying, security, monitoring,
performance and troubleshooting of MySQL and Mongo Server instances; Familiarity with MS SQL databases nice-
- Ability to plan, communicate, perform and verify production changes
- Ability to design and implement complex DR and high-availability/failover solutions
- Strong knowledge of the technical aspects of database security, enterprise backup and restore, and replication
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing large and complex data sets within MySQL and mongo databases
- Proven experience in writing, tuning and analyzing queries and stored procedures
- Demonstrated success in technology evaluation and deployment efforts
- Strong sense of ownership in providing extremely secure, highly-available, fault-tolerant enterprise systems
- Knack for pro-actively identifying and resolving technical issues
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally with all levels of the organization
- Experience with Agile Kanban a plus
- Experience in a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), online payments, software or product-centric business a plus
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar (or equivalent experience)
- Competitive salary, bonus, stock options and 401(k): We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- Opportunities for Growth: Professional development can take many shapes. From ERGs like Women in Tech and DE&I, to Mentor-Mentee, Leadership and High-Potential Programs, we foster an environment where all employees can grow.
- Recognition: From Billtrust Bucks and Gongings to Culture Champion and Presidents Awards, our employees are recognized for hard work and for outcomes achieved.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- A Culture that Lives its Values. Our values are not just words or window dressing, they guide our decisions - big and small - each and every day.
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Invoice-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $30B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently. For the past 19 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture - We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas – even with our CEO – and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.