Senior Market Research Manager, Business Development at Ibotta
Ibotta is fundamentally changing how the world’s leading researchers think about consumer insights. We’re looking for a Sr. Manager of Business Development to join our rapidly growing Research & Insights team. Success in this role will require a strong knowledge of quantitative & qualitative market research methodologies as well as adept skills in leading the entirety of the sales process. If you are passionate about market research and enjoy helping clients drive growth via real-time consumer insights, Ibotta is interested in you.
- Meet/exceed annual revenue targets through the development, advancement, and closure of client partnerships
- Identify and build relationships with key prospects such as consumer insights professionals, market researchers, brand managers and advertisers through cold calling, networking, and referrals
- Develop and deliver capabilities presentations [often with C-level executives] that educate prospective clients on Ibotta’s value proposition, key differentiators, and partnership opportunities
- Ensure high retention of existing clients through adept account management and education around new product & methodological enhancements
- Partner with other functional teams to collaborate on solutions for current Ibotta core clients
- Learn and leverage key principles of the “Challenger Sales Model” to maintain control of challenging and complex client opportunities
- Travel up to 35% required
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- 5+ years experience with custom market research is required [e.g. qualitative, quantitative].
- A detailed understanding of custom research methodologies and industry product offerings [e.g. concept testing, Conjoint Analysis, IHUT, CLT, Restager, Equity Tracking, Advertising Testing etc.]
- A detailed understanding of syndicated data sources [e.g. Nielsen or IRI] and key POS & panel metrics & analysis [e.g. trial & repeat, pricing, household penetration etc.]
- Willingness to leverage industry contacts as referrals to drive incremental clients & sales
- Previous experience with B2B sales is desired [but not required]
- Proven track record of setting aggressive goals and achieving them
- Familiarity with lead identification, management, and closing
- Polished communication skills, both written and verbal
- Prior experience working in a high paced, evolving environment
- Willingness to achieve excellence across the entire sales spectrum (i.e., email outreach, cold calls, in-person presentations, etc.)
- Have an ‘All-In’ mentality. Foster teamwork and cohesion within the Research & Insights group [as well as the broader Client Partnerships organization].
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $500 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
- This position is located in Denver, CO and Chicago, IL and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.