Senior Manager - Estimating & Pricing Operations at Ball Aerospace (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
Senior Manager – Estimating & Pricing Operations
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the estimating and pricing strategic support function with responsibility for managing the Estimating & Pricing Organization’s (EPO) historical data, enterprise cost analysis and cost modeling efforts, as well as supporting the Company’s Strategic Business Units (SBU) with pricing strategy and proposal preparation with adherence to the Estimating System Description (ESD) and the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Manage and direct the activities of the Historical Data and Enterprise Cost Analysis (ECA) group.
- Advise and support new business and proposal teams with pricing strategy.
- Coach, mentor and provide thorough guidance to direct reports to ensure personal growth and management visibility.
- Develop and utilize parametric cost modeling tools.
- Support implementation and utilization of a standardized Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Responsible for cost and technical data collection and maintenance.
- Work with technical teams to identify relevant technical specs and data to support:
- Realistic Cost Estimates (RCEs)
- Cost Modeling
- Cost Estimating Relationship (CER) Development
- Cost and Technical Data Reports (CTDR) and Cost Analysis Data Requirement (CADRe)
- Develop Company specific Cost Estimating Relationships (CERs).
- Utilize government based estimating tools to validate other estimating techniques (USCM, NICM, Gov’t CERs, etc.).
- Support proposal teams in establishing Realistic Cost Estimates (RCEs).
- Maintain a database of past RCE methodologies to support future proposals.
- Advise and support new business and program teams in completing the Cost and Technical Data Reports (CTDR) and Cost Analysis Data Requirement (CADRe) throughout the program life cycle.
- Perform Monte Carlo analysis for all proposals and Rough Orders of Magnitude (ROMs).
- Perform Independent Cost Estimates (ICE) for new business opportunities and current program Estimates at Complete (EACs), as needed.
- Assist program teams in establishing a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) at the onset of the program to help ensure costs are collected in a manner that supports CERs, RCEs, CTDRs and CADRe.
- Support, develop and maintain a working relationship with government cost groups (AFCAA, DoD CAPE, Joint Space Cost Council, NRO CAAG, ODNI SRA, and SMC).
- Point of contact for cost modeling tools.
- Provide early warning to EPO Director of:
- Significant new business opportunities and upcoming change proposals as they occur
- Potential risks in regard to aggressive proposal prices or schedules, cost risk concerns, or cost proposal compliance issues
- Support and assist in proposal development in both unclassified and classified environments.
- Support analysis of existing tools and development of new tools to improve proposal cost estimating and pricing functionality and efficiency.
- Conduct presentations for internal management on items related to Ball cost estimating & pricing policies, processes, tools, compliance and industry/government activities.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit/Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 12 years or more of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
- Must have 5 or more years of aerospace/government experience.
- Program and Proposal experience including cost and schedule planning, budgeting, control, analysis, reporting.
- Proficiency with Microsoft (MS) Excel, Power Point, SharePoint, MS Project.
- Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) part 15.4.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Previous leadership or supervision of personnel.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $121,500 - $167,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Subject to business performance and recommendations of management, this role may be eligible to participate in an incentive compensation plan.
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.