Senior Geospatial Analyst
Please review the job details below.
The Senior GIS Analyst is responsible for developing medium to high complexity geospatial tools to support the Analysts in material selection, production processes, project management and tasking strategies.
- Develop highly complex tools using scripting languages.
- Formulate and review GIS tools, workflows and plans.
- Design, develop, implement, test and maintenance of systems, data, software and services.
- Develop real world applications from user requirements, writes and debugs code and creates user documentation.
- Develop automated reports to aid internal customers with reporting requirements for projects within SCM.
- Provide GIS training and technical support for internal GIS users.
- Monitor and understand high level operational geospatial processes.
- Support Intermediate and Senior level analysts in tool development and analysis.
- Communicate with multidisciplinary teams and articulate technical concepts and ideas effectively.
- Perform basic data management activities relative to Operations project support.
- Will be required to support Senior Analysts on feasibility assessments, tasking and production troubleshooting responsibilities that require basic SQL and command line knowledge.
- When necessary, assists in miscellaneous tasks to support various functional groups within Supply Chain Management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires 5 - 7 years of demonstrated experience with geospatial programming, design and development.
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Expected to have extensive knowledge of a large number of programming languages and applications.
- Must be a team player with a “can-do” attitude and a solutions oriented personality.
- Must have the ability to divide time between the maintenance of the current software and the design of new applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to work independently, be a self-starter and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Extensive knowledge of satellite imagery, GIS or related area.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Must be able to obtain a Security Clearance after being hired
- Desired degree’s include Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, GeoSciences, Remote Sensing, Photogrammetry or a related field; Masters degree preferred
- Excellent knowledge of programming languages and applications
- Excellent organizational ability.
- Full understanding of commercial imagery and production workflows.
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.