Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Responsible for leading efforts to analyze and define detailed demand intake and project execution activities for business initiatives which map to strategic roadmaps. Performs as an expert at driving portfolio solutions by supporting the end to end global shared services processes. Ensures solutions are in alignment with the enterprise architecture blueprint, the solutions architecture and ensures that projects and programs adhere to standards and policies. Ensures that all information technology investments are clearly aligned with the priorities of the business / global PMO. Responsible for team guidance in support of complex, technical portfolio and program management solutions.
- Develop and maintain the current portfolio of projects, by working with business representatives and Project Sponsors to inventory active projects and anticipate long term portfolio objectives by creating a roadmap for the upcoming project pipeline
- Leads efforts to elicit future portfolio requirements using interviews, document analysis, workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis to analyze, design and implementation of Portfolio solutions.
- Partner with business analysts and respective cross-functional business groups (e.g. Finance, HR, IT, etc...) to elicit functional and non-functional ServiceNow and Portfolio Reporting requirements
- Proactively communicates and collaborates with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and portfolio requirements and support the delivery of key stage-gate artifacts as needed
- Takes a broad perspective to identify innovative PMO / Reporting solutions that supports the business on their assumptions of how they will successfully prioritize and manage GSS Demand.
- Participate in defining the integration between proposed development projects and existing systems, software and hardware.
- Ensures that systems and application proposals adhere to standards and reflect the architecture appropriately.
- Collaborates with other divisions IT leads as well as other stakeholders to align solution in support of the business’ tactical and strategic plans. Aligns IT goals with business needs.
- Researches emerging technologies and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness, improve flexibility or better support portfolio requirements.
- Work closely with third-party vendors including software providers, implementation partners, and consultants
- Understand existing and anticipated portfolio functionality, including global / regional offerings, that support business demand.
- Assist the team with user acceptance testing requirements for existing and new application systems and modules
- Partner with key strategic solutions partners for small and large scale engagements to help develop the vision of the technology service
- Manage the configuration, setup, and maintenance of Portfolio-related solutions
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college education. Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required.
- Job related experience for 5+ years minimum. 5+ years development experience managing solution development for complex processes, supporting business demand.
- Experience in driving software and technology solutions in large, complex organizations
- Ability to be flexible about project changes and dynamically mitigate risks in the moment with mid-course corrective action
- Working knowledge of the following areas: system and business principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures, generally accepted managerial practices and procedures, portfolio management, systems support, project management, risk management, security, cost management, implementation and start-up of new business processes and computerized systems, as it relates to information services, of purchasing, legal contracts, taxes, leases, licenses, accounting, economics, depreciation, capitalization, accruals, auditing (internal and external), insurance, and contract negotiations.
- In-depth technical knowledge and expertise in field; strong development skills in relevant technology.
- ITIL applications / process knowledge preferred (e.g., Process mapping, ServiceNow, related apps or systems)
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business demand needs and translate them into application and operational process maps.
- Expertise in various software development methodologies and applicability, e.g., XP, iterative. Expertise in entire software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple, complex projects simultaneously
- Appropriately manages stakeholder expectations regarding scope, schedule, and budgetary parameters
- Experience supporting cross-functional teams and projects to drive business improvements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong estimation skills and techniques required.
- Exceptional understanding of software principles including process mapping methodologies.
- Proven project planning and management skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and make recommendations.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to learn new things
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 77,500 - 115,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Job Grade: 11
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans