Pie Insurance is an insurtech company tackling meaningful problems. At Pie, we work with small businesses using technology and innovation to improve how they access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs. So, at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us.
The Senior Filing Analyst will establish Pie as the preeminent commercial insurance among small business owners by accurately and efficiently completing state filings. As the Senior Filing Analyst, you will be responsible for the form, rate and rule filings across 50 states. The Sr. Filing Analyst will also be responsible for completing all state form, rate and rule filings, monitoring bureau circulars and working bureau based and independent programs. You will be working with underwriting and product to timely implement the approved forms, rates and rules. Your job touches all of our customers by ensuring they are receiving the most up to date and approved workers' compensation and other commercial insurance.
Today, all Pie-oneers are working remotely and will continue to do so until it is safe to return to the office. As a remote team member, you will be expected to be available for meetings with team members in other time zones and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
We will consider this role for continued remote work in the United States once our offices reopen with some work/travel to our offices in Denver or DC.
How You'll Do It
- Submit state-mandated rate, rule, and form filings
- Prepare and file initial SERFF and state mandated rate, rule, and form submissions.
- Prepare and file supporting documents including, but not limited to filing letters, side-by-side comparisons, and required state/SERFF forms.
- Coordinate preparation of state or company mandated form filings.
- Develop and maintain a filing budget, and coordinate continuous costs with the General Counsel for filing, market research, or related programs.
- Support filing approval process
- Prepare draft responses, in conjunction with other Teams, to inquiries or objections initiated by state insurance departments.
- Develop and use relationships with state insurance departments and peers to work through product issues to ensure timely resolution and marketability.
- Serve as company liaison between the state insurance department and company for rate, rule, and form filings.
- Maintain electronic corporate records for all filings and state insurance department correspondence in PDF format.
- Provide periodic updates to the General Counsel and executive management as required.
- Development of state filing strategy
- Assist with the development of a state filing strategy to revise rates, rules, and forms.
- Work with other Teams to coordinate the development of the strategy.
- Perform statutory review of state insurance departments.
- Determine which corporate risk appetite changes need to be filed.
- Support states and rating bureaus process for monitoring and updates
- Monitor rating bureau circulars and bulletins.
- Summarize findings and advise impact on existing and new product filings.
- Collaborate with Compliance, Legal, Underwriting, Product, and DE on underwriting manuals and forms management system maintenance.
The Right Stuff
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience with some college coursework is preferred.
- A minimum of 7-years experience in Workers' compensation and P&C commercial lines regulatory and state filings using SERFF and other filing products required.
- Intermediate communication (written and verbal) skills, to deliver more complex information effectively.
- Intermediate problem solving skills to be able to manage complex tasks and work through to solutions with little guidance and direction.
- Intermediate awareness of your own tasks, and how it impacts the team and deliverables.
- Basic leadership skills and some general experience leading work groups or task forces in specific projects.
- G-Suite Tools, Collaboration tools (Slack is preferred), basic office machines, Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Advanced knowledge of SERFF and Florida's IRFS.
- Experience with NILS/LexisNexis or similar, also ISONET and NCCI.com preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and meet deadlines.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Paid sick leave
- Future focused 401k match
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award.
- Generous parental leave
Compensation & Benefits
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as Pie. That includes our offer process. When we have identified talent that is a good fit for Pie, we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at your knowledge, skills and experience along with your compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
We value and want to support our team members, and are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes the following:
Compensation Range for position: $70,000 - $95,000
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please click here, here and here for more information.
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Check out our great reviews from current and former employees on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding