Senior Decision Scientist - Retail at Ibotta
Are you looking to play an integral role in building something bigger? Ibotta is seeking a Senior Decision Scientist - Retail to join our analytics team and this opportunity will provide just that. The Senior Decision Scientist - Retail will help build out analyses that provide compelling, actionable and data-driven recommendations to internal and external stakeholders.
As a Senior Decision Scientist - Retail, you will be responsible for using the latest developments in statistics, machine learning, and testing methodologies to understand the business in-depth, support and challenge strategic options, and build state-of-the-art tools to improve our retail business.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work cross-functionally to analyze large amounts of behavioral and transaction data to provide clients with actionable insights about Ibotta’s users and campaign performance
- Communicate complex analyses and data intricacies in a clear, concise manner both internally as well as to external clients
- Ideation, development, and support on strategic initiatives including statistical modeling and advanced analytics
- Work to enhance and automate current processes
- Respond to time-sensitive requests and analyses
What we are looking for (Required):
- 5+ years of practical work experience in Analytics
- Proven expertise with data handling, processing, statistical and analytical skills
- Ability to thrive in an agile environment
- Ability to provide creative, actionable solutions/insights
- Ability to develop, maintain, automate, visualize, analyze, and communicate reporting to management
- Demonstrated analytical ability, conceptual thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Strong SQL and proven data wrangling skills
- Experience using modern data analysis tools (Python, R, SAS, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/mathematics/statistics/data science or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience with distributed big-data tools like Spark, Hive, Presto a plus
- Experience in mobile, retail or CPG a plus
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping and payments app that has delivered more than $675 million in cumulative cash rewards to its users for making purchases in-store, on mobile apps, or via websites. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has more than 35 million downloads and has become one of the most frequently used shopping apps in the United States. The Ibotta platform provides cash back on purchases at more than 1,500 leading brands and hundreds of retailer partners. In 2019, Ibotta launched its payments solution, Pay with Ibotta™, enabling shoppers to pay for their entire purchase through the Ibotta app and instantly earn cash back. Ibotta was named to the 2019 Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S., after debuting on the list in 2018. The company recently became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.