Senior Decision Scientist, Ecosystem Analytics at Ibotta
Ibotta is seeking a Senior Decision Scientist to join our innovative Ecosystem Analytics team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding. Ecosystem Analytics at Ibotta is a new cross-functional program of work that creates analytical solutions across verticals, including sales, marketing, and product. It seeks to understand, predict, and provide recommendations to spur business growth, serving as an expert within the company for delivering analytical solutions that solve complex, cross-functional challenges.
As a Senior Decision Scientist, you will be responsible for using the latest developments in statistics, machine learning, and data visualizations to understand and communicate about where there are opportunities to grow the business, support and challenge strategic options, and build state-of-the-art tools. This role will immediately drive impact through creating analyses that explain Ibotta’s direct to consumer user flow.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado or with the option of full-time remote. Candidates must live in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Analyze novel datasets to understand consumer behavior and propensity to take action
- Estimate how product development, marketing programs, and offer mix ecosystems impact user completion of calls to action
- Work within a model development lifecycle framework to provide expert ownership of statistical and machine learning models, data outputs, and dashboards from conception to delivery.
- Working cross-functionally within the Decision Science organization to analyze usage and uncovering key, actionable insights about trends in Ibotta’s business
- Understanding and reporting business performance in detail and identifying opportunities for improving experience across Ibotta’s platforms
- Creating data visualizations that guide decision making and improve the understanding of complex business environments
- Placing actionable data points and trends in context for leadership to understand actual performance and uncover opportunities
- Translating high-level business requirements into product/project specifications
- Ownership of small-to-medium projects with minimal oversight
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in analytics/mathematics/statistics/data science/computer science/economics
- Experience using modern data analysis tools (such as R, Python, Presto, Hive, Spark, Airflow, GitHub etc)
- An understanding of the key concepts of consumer behavior
- Proven expertise with SQL, data wrangling, statistics, and analytical skills
- Ability to think creatively and provide thoughtful insights that drive action
- Ability to develop, automate, visualize, analyze, and communicate learnings
- Interest in working at different levels of analysis, from descriptive to predictive to prescriptive analysis, to deliver the right solution for the business problem
- Ability to work collaboratively throughout the organization to drive towards common goals
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target, and Uber, we’ve delivered over $1B in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO or with the option of full-time remote and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity. Candidates must live in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
- Base compensation range: $90,000 - $120,000. This compensation range is specific to the state of Colorado's local labor market and may vary for employees living in other areas.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- If living in the United States, applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.