Senior Decision Scientist, CPG at Ibotta
Ibotta is seeking a Senior Decision Scientist, CPG to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding. As a Senior Decision Scientist, you will be responsible for providing actionable and data-driven recommendations to internal and external CPG stakeholders. You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside talented individuals and understand the business in-depth, support and challenge strategic options, and build state-of-the-art tools to improve our largest line of business.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado or with the option of full-time remote. Candidates must live in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
What you will be doing:
- Leading projects to build causal inference models (A/B testing), automation of existing reports and deliverables, machine learning models, root cause analysis of upstream data issues, and market analysis case studies
- Working cross-functionally to analyze large amounts of behavioral and transaction data to provide clients with actionable insights about Ibotta’s users and campaign performance
- Communicating complex analyses and data intricacies in a clear, concise manner both internally as well as to external clients
- Serving as a leader for the ideation, development, and support on strategic initiatives including statistical modeling and advanced analytics within the team
- Mentoring other members of the team
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of practical work experience in Analytics, with at least 3 years of experience building statistical causal inference or machine learning models in a distributed computing environment
- Advanced knowledge of common data science software development packages (Python, R, etc.) and their relevant libraries, along with very strong SQL and proven data wrangling and feature engineering skills
- Ability to drive projects end-to-end with minimal guidance/oversight, with examples of high-quality output that provide actionable, business-focused insights and recommendations
- Initiative to proactively anticipate and solve important problems
- Ability to communicate complex analytical concepts clearly and concisely both in written form and verbally to both technical and non-technical audiences, with a track record of strong partnerships with key stakeholders and clients across multiple functions
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target, and Uber, we’ve delivered over $1B in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO or with the option of full-time remote and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity. Candidates must live in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
- Base compensation range: $90,000 - $120,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base salary.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- If living in the United States, applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.