Senior DBA (ADX-11-20) at ArcherDX
ArcherDX is advancing molecular diagnostics with a robust technology platform for genetic mutation detection by next-generation sequencing. By combining patented Anchored Multiplex PCR (AMP™) chemistry in an easy-to-use, lyophilized format and powerful bioinformatics software, the Archer® platform enhances genetic mutation identification. ArcherDX provides oncology-focused research products and is pursuing regulatory approval for multiple companion diagnostic assays. ArcherDX is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado. Learn more at www.archerdx.com and follow @ArcherDXInc on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
ArcherDX's patented chemistry and powerful bioinformatics software have placed us at the bleeding edge of the fight against cancer and other genetic diseases. You'll join a multidisciplinary team focused on improving and maturing the Information System ecosystem.
ArcherDX has a unique opportunity for the right candidate to play a pivotal role in creating a culture of customer service and innovation for the department. The IT Sr. Database Administrator will have the following roles:
- Act as a Database Administrator. Work closely with the ERP system administrator and customers to understand data usage and requirements. Provides accurate, real-time data to support business decision making.
- Act as a Business Analyst and work across the organization with many different departments. In this role, the candidate will gather requirements, guide process mapping with various departments critical processes and help guide software validation initiatives.
- Act as a System Analyst. This role will work across IT and various business units to bring a common mindset for software implementation and identifying future goals. The selected candidate will work with system stakeholders, including internal users, customers, and investigators to ensure that our platforms provide an outstanding user experience.
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Analyzes database and system performance to optimize transactions
- Designs, develops, and implements environments to support data analytics
- Performs data extraction, transformation, and loading into databases or systems
- Advises business analysts on methods to query and use data effectively
- Performs data migration and validation to ensure data integrity
- Understands business processes and design solutions that address the business problem.
- Uses Project Management methodology and techniques providing structure and guidance to others to reach established goals.
- Leverages technology to help reduce manual tasks and continually improve on the company’s requirements process by utilizing best practices, consistent configuration and or implementation of technologies.
- Defines, reviews, executes and ensures compliance with policies, standards, and procedures related to Computer Systems Validation (CSV) and qualification of systems including infrastructure components.
- Leads project-specific CSV efforts, including assistance with execution of the test plan, assembly of test results into a validation package, and addressing concerns and findings raised by quality assurance personnel.
- Creates, updates and maintains documentation to be compliant with the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Performs as a subject matter expert (SME) in business processes in the area of responsibility. Leads efforts to reengineer and optimize business processes and applications.
- Leads, identifies, designs and implements IT applications to meet business process requirements.
- Conducts research on emerging technologies in support of the business process and recommend technologies that will increase cost-effectiveness.
- Demonstrates a strong bias to configure commercially available “off the shelf” applications. Design, configure and oversee implementation of end-to-end integrated systems.
- Documents and develops in-depth knowledge of applications and interfaces used to support the business process.
- Dedicated to quality client service and pro-active and responsive to client needs.
- Continual analysis of changing business and customer needs and planning organizational or system changes to address needs.
- Recommend changes to own areas that will improve the overall effectiveness of operations.
- Maintain constructive relationships with customers and business entities served and ensure such relationships exist throughout the organization.
- Troubleshoot problems and develops bridge-building solutions that improve client relationships.
- May serve on committees, task forces and other inter-departmental teams.
- Monitors and assesses operating results and creates and/or modifies the process for continuous improvements.
- Participates in the development of specifications and ongoing management of proposals and contracts for hardware, software, and services.
- Willingness to travel to local offices up to 10% of the time.
- Between 3 to 5 years’ experience as an IT Database Administrator. Experienced with database setup, configuration, data management, construction of data warehouses, data cleansing, data archival, and data migration. (required)
- Experience with several relational databases in an enterprise setting; postgres, SQLServer, Oracle, etc… (required)
- Experience with ERP/CRM systems. (preferred)
- 1 – 2 years’ experience with AWS (preferred)
- Demonstrated experience with non-product Computer Systems Validation (CSV) (preferred)
- Project Management experience (preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to understand business processes, troubleshooting issues, root cause analysis and suggesting and configuring solutions that foremost address the business problems.
- Strong customer service and communication skills; ability to interact with diplomacy and tact while maintaining appropriate attention to end goal.
- Demonstrated experience in working with customers, identifying/understanding their needs, and formally documenting business requirements.
- Must have a focus of customer service and the drive to create and foster a culture of innovation, inclusiveness and transparency.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve service offerings, operations, decrease turnaround times and streamline work processes.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency to help internal customers.
- Strong background in developing and maintaining effective internal IT processes.
- Familiar with ITIL practices such as change, configuration, and/or knowledge management is a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- High energy, self-motivated, approachable and articulate team player.
- Ability to communicate successfully technical concepts to non-technical people.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills.
- Strong attention to detail demonstrating accuracy.
- Great problem-solving skills; able to anticipate and recognize problems, diagnose root causes and take corrective action to prevent a recurrence.
- Flexibility to adjust quickly and effectively to frequent change and altered priorities.
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and changing environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or, equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered