As a Senior Database Administrator on the Healthgrades team, you will enable our business operations to remain incredibly productive while ensuring the integrity of data and database systems across the enterprise.
You will join a cohesive team with multi-functional experiences and expertise, allowing you to focus on gaining exposure and impacting the overall company through your high level of expertise in database design and operations
What you will do:
- Manage and administer the performance and availability of SQL environments, including but not limited to Microsoft SQL Server, AWS RDS (Postgres, RedShift, MySQL), Azure (MS SQL) and non-rds instances (Oracle, MS SQL).
- Lead patching and upgrading for all SQL Server instances.
- Monitor, investigate, and resolve data processing issues to maintain daily data feeds and data integrity, 24x7x365 when necessary.
- Manage database access and security, ensuring environments are only accessed in accordance with company policies.
- Establish standards, document database change procedures, and communicate impact to partners.
- Conduct regular performance tuning and testing including the analysis of usage patterns.
- Configure and maintain backup and recovery procedures and perform capacity planning in collaboration with other team members and system administrators.
What you will bring:
- 5+ years' experience in a SQL Server DBA role, focused on production support and database infrastructure tasks
- Strong hands-on exposure to a combination of MS SQL Server versions including 2008R2, 2012, 2014 and 2016
- Installation, deployment, patching, monitoring, security and user management support experience for MS SQL Server
- Working knowledge of SQL server performance tuning and query optimization
- Experience performing in a metrics-focused and SLA driven operational support environment
- Exposure to handling cloud database services and standalone database servers in AWS and/or Azure
At Healthgrades, we recognize that our people drive our greatest achievements. We are passionate about maintaining a fulfilling, rewarding and high-energy work environment while setting the stage for your continued success.
- Meaningful Work – empowering consumers with data to make the right decisions for themselves and their families
- Changing the Game - evolving, dynamic culture with career advancement opportunities
- Community Builders- participating in local charity organizations and wellness initiatives
- Robust Perks – generous PTO, 401k contributions, tuition assistance, entertainment discounts & more!