Senior Data Warehouse Data Engineer (ONSITE) at DISH (Greater Denver Area, CO)
DISH is a Fortune 200 company that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service - Sling TV - that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve, to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
This person will be working closely with business teams to provide analytical data for Dish Network's businesses including Dish, Sling, Wireless and OnTech (ECommerce).They will be fluent in the understanding of AWS Services. They will also support everyday operations, which will include documentation, and the monitoring and resolution of any issues that arise.
Duties will include:
- Evangelizing data engineering functions leveraging a Data Warehouse processing framework;
- Creating and optimizing data engineering pipelines for analytics projects;
- Building enterprise data warehouse and data marts for the business;
- Supporting data and cloud transformation initiatives;
- Monitoring AWS services and provide cost optimization solutions;
- Contributing to our cloud first strategy;
- Independently working with all stakeholders across the organization to deliver enhanced functionality;
- Production support for data warehouse process;
- Performance tuning, and enhancing data warehouse processes
Skills, Experience and Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years of experience delivering data solutions on a variety of data warehousing platforms(Teradata/Redshift/Snowflake).
- Knowledge of building data ingestion pipelines both real time and batch using best practices.
- Knowledge of building streaming ingestion pipeline using Kafka streams, Apache Flink, or others
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms like Amazon AWS, Google Cloud etc.
Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres, and Mongodb.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, influencing, prioritization, decision- making and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated experience transforming data from a variety of sources (structured, semi structured and unstructured)
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with data related to Media Sales/Ad Sales is a plus.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University; two to three years related experience within in a Data Warehouse and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Relevant AWS certifications are a plus.
Compensation: $106,250.00/Year - $143,750.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website . Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, to include a drug test and criminal background check.