Senior Data Visualization Analyst at Guild Education
Guild is hiring for a Senior Data Visualization Analyst who will sit at the intersection of data, infrastructure, and analytics, to help shape and deliver business-critical reporting and value-added data insights for Guild. You will be responsible for organizing, standardizing, and analyzing our data to tell deeper stories about our business – where we are, where we’ve been, and where we need to go. This role will have a critical impact on the business and our students by providing visibility into and opportunities for improvements across all aspects of our operations.
As a Senior Data Visualization Analyst, you will:
- Develop a deep understanding of business and operational needs by building strong cross departmental relationships.
- Support Guild’s Analytics teams by creating, maintaining, and improving insightful reporting which enables our business partners to access actionable, insightful data to drive decision making.
- Partner with Data Services teams to deliver clear, accurate analytical datasets which drive high-quality reporting, including creation of production-quality code base.
- Perform in-depth data QA by diving in to various data sources to identify and resolve issues
- Maintain and manage an intake of requests from stakeholders, understanding the priority and impact of various reporting requests, and managing expectations for delivery.
- Translate business questions into analytical requirements as part of a well-defined development cycle.
- Monitor performance, accuracy, and usage of existing data and reports.
- Act as subject matter expert for Looker within the Analytics team, supporting team members in troubleshooting issues that arise.
In addition to working on the Decision and Data Science team, in this role you will collaborate with other Guild leaders including: Jack Chang (Senior Manager - BI Infrastructure), and Noah Yetter (Data Engineer).
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Proven business experience with SQL, Excel/Google Sheets, and BI Tools
- Demonstrated attention to detail and commitment to reporting accuracy
- Analytical, intellectually curious, creative problem-solver who is comfortable going beyond data access to analytics and strategic insights
- Keen design and data visualization skills – you know how to transform data to generate useful insights and be easily digestible
- Strong written and oral communication skills – you can build analytical and decision support models, synthesize recommendations, and create effective presentations for all audiences
- Team player mindset, with strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Passion for our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise
- Analytics and reporting experience in a B2B sales environment
- Demonstrated experience building insightful reporting in Looker
- Something else? Wonderful, we're curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.