Senior Data Solution Architect at FIS
About the team
Leverage the power of modern payments networks and infrastructure to deliver a frictionless, easy payments experience to your clients and customers while protecting your business from risk and fraud losses.
NOTE: This role may be worked remotely; must work EST business hours.
What you will be doing
The Data Solution Architect is responsible for the overall data management strategy for the FIS Corporate Data Lake in Azure. This includes developing and maintaining a formal description of the data and data structures, defining and implementing data quality and security standards, implementing and enhancing business intelligence and analytics initiatives.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and maintain a formal description of the data and data structures across current lines of business - this can include data dictionary/definitions, data models (Conceptual, Logical and Physical), data flow diagrams, etc.
- Data modeling for new business initiatives, including robust data definitions, data flow diagrams, and process definitions.
- Work closely with business and product owners to define and write data management business requirements.
- Work collaboratively with other architects and database administrators to design solutions involving complex data and reporting requirements.
- Ownership of data warehouse architecture; providing knowledge and input into data warehouse design and architecture of multi-location databases with data flows, synchronization mapping, and purge/archive strategy.
- Employ data mining techniques to achieve data synchronization, redundancy elimination, source identification, data reconciliation, and problem root cause analysis.
- Research, recommend, and implement advanced analytical techniques to help solve business problems.
- Support data selection, extraction, and cleansing for effective reporting and BI / Dashboard requirements.
- Quality control and auditing of databases, resolving data problems across platforms and applications, and analyzing system changes for quality assurance.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
• Documents functional product solutions for key FIS product strategy and product management initiatives leveraging defined functional component model libraries and the defined product line architecture roadmap.• Documents functional product solutions for key FIS financial services sales opportunities leveraging defined functional component model libraries and the defined product line architecture roadmap.• Maintains a catalogue of reusable functional application components consumable across applications and product lines.• Reviews functional and technical designs to identify areas of risk and/or missing requirements.• Acts as tie breaker on design decisions.• Documents and communicates opportunities to leverage inter-project synergies, application and enterprise software or infrastructure asset re-use and opportunities to expose application assets for enterprise consumption.• Communicates system architecture to technical and business audiences.• Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Post-graduate education desired.
Requires the following experience or equivalent combination of education and experience as a minimum to enter any level of IT Architect job:• Must have led technology direction for multiple projects and led or presented architecture concepts outside realm of immediate workgroup• Demonstrated experience as application development system designer or technical lead on many "very large", i.e., 10,000 hours or more spanning more than 6 months projects• May also require one or more of the following experience requirements:• Five or more years working in the Azure Cloud environment• Five or more years demonstrated experience in working with relational (and/or hierarchical) databases• Five or more years demonstrated experience in modern software application technologies• Successful design and implementation of applications in a shared service bureau environment• Experience in building On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP), batch and reporting systems
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES• Knowledge of FIS products and services• Knowledge of financial services industry• In-depth knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles including waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development• Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors• Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills• Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take• Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed• Positive outlook, strong work ethic and responsive to internal and external customers and contacts• Willingly and successfully fulfills the role of teacher, mentor and coach• May require a thorough understanding of design patterns and their application• May require a thorough understanding of Model-View-Controller design patterns for web applications• May require a fluency in developing and understanding sequence diagrams, class models, etc.• May require in-depth knowledge of networking, computing platform, storage, database, security, middleware, network and systems management, and related infrastructure technologies and practices
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A wide range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources, and opportunities
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.