Senior Data Scientist at Ibotta
Ibotta is seeking a Senior Data Scientist to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding. Our newly formed and growing Core Data Science Team provides high-quality, on-time data science-related products and services across all business areas and teams within Ibotta. We do this by providing thought leadership, subject matter expertise, evangelism and governance of business-critical data science initiatives.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you’ll have the unique, challenging, and rewarding opportunity to build the foundation of data and data science within the company. You’ll be able to create and own greenfield opportunities to make big positive impacts on the business across several teams and business areas. You’ll have the chance to own the data science technology of one or more important core business domains, from collaborating with stakeholders, through the full model development lifecycle. You’ll be able to advance not only your technical skills, but your organizational and leadership skills as well, by leading best practices for the team and company, and providing mentoring and education across the company.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado or with the option of full-time remote. Candidates must live in the United States.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values of Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency, & Advocate for Savers
- Provide subject matter expertise and ownership of one or more of the company’s core business domains
- Contribute to creating and leading best practices for the team
- Initiate and drive collaboration with stakeholders, architects, and data engineers to discover, define, cleanse, and refine the data needed for analysis and modeling
- Analyze large and novel datasets to extract actionable insights to inform model development and understand consumer behavior
- Provide customized views of large and complex datasets to support data analysis and business decision-making
- Inform experimental design to formulate solutions addressing major business challenges and innovation opportunities
- Build models using a variety of statistical and machine learning techniques, from selecting the best type of model for the problem to using advanced techniques to measure and optimize model performance
- Harden data pipelines and models for production deployment and monitoring of performance over time
- Provide mentoring and education to this team and other teams across the company
What we are looking for:
- 4+ years of experience progressing in a professional data science, machine learning, statistical, or equivalent experience in a related role
- A passion for driving important decisions using data and data storytelling
- A love of learning and continuous development, including staying at the forefront of the latest advances in data science and machine learning. Broad-scale community contributions to the fields of data science and machine learning in the way of conference presentations, professional publications, and/or recognized internet presence are a strong plus
- Advanced knowledge, skills, and abilities in creating, developing, and applying a variety of machine learning and statistical algorithms
- Advanced Python and/or R knowledge, skills, and abilities. Spark or PySpark experience is a strong plus
- Excellent statistical analysis skills with a solid understanding of experimental design
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Advanced knowledge, skills, and abilities in database manipulation, query languages, and graph data schemas
- Experience with manipulating complex data to apply business rules for improved feature engineering within data lakes, distributed systems, and data streams
- Experience with to MLOps a strong plus
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target, and Uber, we’ve delivered over $1B in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO or with the option of full-time remote and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity. Candidates must live in the United States.
- Base compensation range: $110,000 - $140,000.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.