Senior Data Scientist
NextHealth Technologies is a high growth, venture-backed company located in downtown Denver, Colorado. Our advanced analytics platform enables healthcare companies to make data-driven decisions that save money and optimize outcomes. We’re a tight-knit team of doers that thrive in a fast-paced and agile environment. We nerd-out on our AI and machine learning technology platform and our approach to big data analytics.
Our team members enjoy:
- Competitive salary plus 10% annual bonus potential
- Stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical benefits starting at $0 + HSA gift up to $350 every month
- $100 commuter benefit
- Free onsite gym
Senior Data Scientist
NextHealth Technologies is currently looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join the company’s product and solutions team. Our goal is to make healthcare smarter. The position provides the opportunity to engage in cutting-edge healthcare research on a cross-functional team and contribute to developing products that have an impact on the healthcare industry with patient care.
- Lead development of custom predictive and prescriptive algorithms interfacing with large data sets, based on principles from statistics, machine learning, and operations research
- Perform research as needed to extract cutting edge concepts from technical literature and apply them to relevant product features
- Work closely with scientists, engineers, and partners, to help evolve proof of concept systems into production at scale.
- Identify and promote the use of new technologies, toolkits, and frameworks, areas of inquiry, ways of working, methods and approaches in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Software and Research Engineering.
- Work with clients, the head of Analytics, and the product development team to define desired requirements and capabilities
- Create integrated solutions using Python modules (including Pandas, Numpy, Scipy, SQLAlchemy, and scikitlearn), PostgreSQL, and other tools as needed
We are currently seeking a candidate with:
- A graduate degree in Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Statistics or a related quantitative field.
- 3+ years experience beyond graduate school, which includes development of applied algorithms.
- Ability to develop algorithms in Python 3.x using Python libraries like pandas, numpy, scikitlearn, and pyspark
- Detailed knowledge of computer science including data structures, data modeling, distributed systems, and software design methods.
- Detailed knowledge in data science, machine learning, optimization, and statistics.
- Healthcare industry experience desirable.
- Spark experience desirable.