Senior Data Scientist
What you'll be doing:
- Meeting with stakeholders to identify ways that we might answer client questions with data.
- Recommending and testing proposed solutions
- Performing the analysis and/or modeling for proposed solutions
- Measuring effectiveness of proposed solutions
- Determining a path for client specific analysis to be applied across a broader client base.
- Working with the Data Intake team to maximize value and efficiency of available data
- Explaining the impact and value of modeling to all interested stakeholders
- Mentoring junior data scientists
What you'll bring with you:
- An advanced degree in Data Science, Analytics or a related discipline
- At least 7 years of modeling experience – extra points for modeling behavioral data, particularly using time series
- A love for talking about the applications of data! You can easily explain an ROC curve, a lift chart, and recommend testing strategies for marketing campaigns.
- Proficiency with query language such as SQL, Hive or Pig and analysis languages like R or Python – and you rock at scripting!
- Exposure to Amazon’s Glue, Athena, and SageMaker services will help you ramp up
- Ability to design and code reports that showcase modeling’s value
- Instinctive thought process for determining if modeling outputs are correct
- Experience in standardizing data from varied and multiple data sources for input into modeling algorithms
- Keen interest in assessing model accuracy and projected performance
- Strong critical thinking skills for effective troubleshooting
- Ability to prioritize work based on stakeholder input; can effectively manage a backlog
- Adept at switching between multiple client projects; maintaining detailed notes about project work
- A drive to help others – it feeds your soul
Our team members enjoy:
- Compensation and bonus commensurate with experience
- Plenty of time off to keep you balanced
- Medical with HSA contribution
- A dynamic, talented team, dedicated to changing the world and building an incredible business
- Beautiful office space in downtown Boulder on Pearl Street, steps from coffee shops and blocks from hiking trails
- Company Happy Hour Fridays
- Fresh fruit, snacks, coffee and sodas