Senior Data Scientist, Retail at Ibotta
Ibotta is seeking a Senior Data Scientist, Retail to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding. The Senior Data Scientist, Retail will help build out analyses that provide compelling, actionable and data-driven recommendations to internal and external stakeholders. As a Senior Data Scientist, Retail, you will be responsible for using the latest developments in statistics, machine learning, and testing methodologies to understand the business in-depth, support and challenge strategic options, and build state-of-the-art tools to improve our retail business and frame data analysis in terms of the decision making process.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Work cross-functionally to analyze large amounts of behavioral and transaction data to provide clients with actionable insights about Ibotta’s users
- Understand and report business performance in detail and identifying opportunities for campaign optimization
- Communicate complex analyses and data intricacies in a clear, concise manner both internally as well as to external clients
- Ideation, development, and support on strategic initiatives including statistical modeling and advanced analytics
- Design, develop and deploy advanced analytics solutions end-to-end, as a trusted analytics partner to our internal and external stakeholders to support business decisions
- Automate analyses and create data pipelines via SQL and python based ETL framework
- Respond to time-sensitive requests and analyses
- Placing actionable data points and trends in context for leadership to understand actual performance and uncover opportunities
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of practical work experience in Analytics, experience in mobile, retail or CPG a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/mathematics/statistics/data science or equivalent experience preferred
- Strong SQL and proven data wrangling skills with the ability to provide creative, actionable solutions/insights
- In-depth experience using modern data analysis tools (such as R, Python, Presto, Hive, Spark, Airflow, GitHub etc)
- Proven expertise with data handling, processing, statistical and analytical skills
- Ability to thrive in an agile environment
- Ability to develop, maintain, automate, visualize, analyze, and communicate reporting to management
- Ability to think creatively, provide thoughtful insights, and develop impactful automated reporting to management
- Experience with effective communication of analytical outputs to stakeholders, including development of data summaries, visualizations and other storytelling methods
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target, and Uber, we’ve delivered over $1B in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO or with the option of full-time remote and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity. Candidates must live in the United States.
- Base compensation range: $110,000 - $140,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base salary.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.