Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the Team:
FIS' Data Solutions Group is a highly collaborative and fast-paced group responsible for providing the next generation of data products and services to FIS clients. Our products provide transformative, data-driven insights and actions, and empower our clients to succeed in an increasingly competitive, data-driven world.
What you will be doing:
Worldpay Data Scientist use quantitative and statistical methods to extract insights from structured and unstructured data. We leverage machine learning, statistical modelling, and quantitative analysis to create smarter, data-driven products for our clients and business.
- Employ machine learning and statistical modeling to create and enhance data driven products
- Analyze and extract insights from internal and external data
- Work with Big Data and transform complex datasets into more usable formats
- Work with a variety of data science tools and programming languages such as SAS, Python, R, Scala, SQL
- Work independently and collaborate with other groups to solve complex problems
- Create and present analyses to internal and external partners and clients
- Document models and write code to track and monitor models and product performance
- Understand the realities of model development and make pragmatic and business-aware choices when trading-off sophistication and accuracy versus implementation and performance costs
What you bring:
- Masters or PhD in Statistics, Decision Sciences, Applied Mathematics, Economics or Computer Science or the equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience.
- Knowledge in machine learning, artificial intelligence, statistical modeling, data visualization, and data analysis
- Proficient in data science tools and programming languages such as SAS, Python, R, Scala, SQL
- Ability to collaborate with others and solve complex problem
- Proficiency in solutions design and requirements
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external clients and contacts
- Ability to work as part of a team or alone making a strong contribution in either scenario
- Exceptional statistical, mathematical and analytical skills
- Superior interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Delivery-oriented team player who takes responsibility for the team's success and strives to continually learn and improve
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience or knowledge of cloud-based technology
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach
- Ability to interface with all levels of employees and effectively interact with various functional areas and facilities
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, management, and clients
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.