Senior Data Science Engineer at SpotX (now part of Magnite)
Join SpotX as a Senior Data Science Engineer in Denver (Broomfield), CO or Salt Lake City, UT.
SpotX is the leading video advertising platform shaping digital video and the future of TV globally and is headquartered in Denver with 9 offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC regions. In the US, SpotX works with nearly all major OTT stakeholders and reaches 4 out of 5 viewers of ad-supported CTV, or 70 million households.
The Sr. Data Science Engineer is a cross-functional engineer who is well-versed in all parts of the SpotX Data Science, Analytics and Reporting technology stack. They support data science and reporting initiatives by packaging proof-of-concept ideas into robust applications and by mentoring and consulting with fellow data engineers and data scientists.
- Lead team of Data Science Engineers
- Build, monitor, and maintain accurate and robust data sources for business information
- Work closely with data scientists to productionize algorithms
- Build machine learning and statistical models to discover actionable insights
- Monitor, tune, and improve upon existing Data Science algorithms/products
- Coordinate with the Data Analyst team in development and support of reporting
- Interface with management and product team to prioritize and schedule upcoming work
- Performs other related duties as required by management
Requirements and Experience:
- Typically requires 4-7 years of related experience or on the job demonstrated skill
- SQL, Python (Airflow, Spark, Hadoop)
- Possess strong analytical skills, with the ability to analyze raw data in large quantities
- Effectively manage multiple tasks, large and small, delivering accurate and timely data
- Work independently in a fast-paced environment, often without formal requirements and with minimal supervision
- Be a highly motivated, independent learner
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues
Bonus SpotX’er talents:
- C++ / C
- Angular JS
- git / GitHub - we like developers who like developing!
- Agile development
- NoSQL (e.g., Cassandra) and Kafka experience
This position is based in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, unlimited time off, a comprehensive benefits package (including medical, dental, vision insurance), 401k matching program, education assistance, gym reimbursement, parental leave and an annual technical education stipend.
The base compensation range for this role, depending on level I, II or III: $85,000 - $120,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base compensation.
At SpotX, we strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. We hire based on experience and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
COVID-19 Precautions: remote interview process, virtual onboarding for new hires
- An innovative company building best-in-class technology from 9 offices around the world (including Denver, New York City, London, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, and Belfast)
- A fun, casual, and collaborative culture with a commitment to work-life balance
- An award-winning organization, check out our latest accolades here
- Committed to work life balance, offering a company-wide annual holiday break: our offices are closed from Christmas to New Years
- Proud to give back through the SpotX for Change Program matches up to $250 per year of employee donations to charities. SpotX contributed over $50K to charitable organizations in 2020
- Featured on The Muse, learn more about our company and view employee testimonials here
- In the news...check out our latest updates here
We LOVE our customers.
We BELIEVE in our people.
We RESPECT each other.
We are DRIVEN.
We are SPOTX.