Senior Data Quality Analyst at Ibotta
Ibotta is seeking a Senior Data Quality Analyst to help us build data assets that help make every purchase rewarding for millions of shoppers.. We're looking for a leader who has a passion for making sure critical data pipelines are producing data and analytics of the highest quality.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Outhustle, Teamwork, Transparency & A good idea can come from anywhere
- Serve as a data quality champion at Ibotta, driving a quality strategy and priorities across various teams and functions
- Become an expert in Ibotta’s data, data pipelines, and business processes
- Identify, analyze, and drive remediation of root cause data quality issues
- Develop active data quality monitoring and measurement procedures, establishing and publishing KPIs and SLAs, and developing reporting strategies for the company including for senior leadership
- Work in close partnership with business, technology, and product leaders to identify, document, tier, and prioritize critical data pipelines
- Design, implement, and maintain data quality controls in critical Ibotta data pipelines
- Manage company-wide data quality issue reporting and tracking tools and procedures
- Develop and maintain tools, templates, and methodologies to support the execution and implementation of Ibotta’s data quality policies and standards
- Focus on driving on-going technology and process improvements and evolution to ensure continuous data quality improvements to Ibotta’s data assets
What we are looking for:
- Change agent comfortable with working/driving change in a matrix organization
- Systems thinker, with the ability to analyze, document, and improve complex processes across many actors, disciplines, and modes of operation
- Excellent communication and presentation abilities with obsessive attention to detail
- Self-starter with “data detective” sensibilities and ability to manage multiple threads and priorities
- 5+ years of data and data analysis experience
- Advanced knowledge of SQL
- High degree of proficiency in a scripting language such as Python
- Experience extracting data from both structured and unstructured sources using traditional data technologies such as SQL but also Big Data technologies such as Hive, Presto, and Spark
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping and payments app that has delivered more than $675 million in cumulative cash rewards to its users for making purchases in-store, on mobile apps, or via websites. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has more than 35 million downloads and has become one of the most frequently used shopping apps in the United States. The Ibotta platform provides cash back on purchases at more than 1,500 leading brands and hundreds of retailer partners. In 2019, Ibotta launched its payments solution, Pay with Ibotta™, enabling shoppers to pay for their entire purchase through the Ibotta app and instantly earn cash back. Ibotta was named to the 2019 Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S., after debuting on the list in 2018. The company recently became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, and equity.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.