Senior Data Quality Analyst
Ibotta is seeking a Data Quality Analyst to help us build data assets that help make every purchase rewarding for millions of shoppers.. We're looking for a data wizard who has a passion for making sure critical data pipelines are producing data and analytics of the highest quality.
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Become an expert in Ibotta’s data, data pipelines, and business processes
- Identify, analyze, and drive remediation of root cause data quality issues
- Work in close partnership with business, technology, and product leaders to identify, document, tier, and prioritize critical data pipelines
- Design, implement, and maintain data quality controls in critical Ibotta data pipelines
- Develop active data quality monitoring and measurement procedures, establishing and publishing KPIs and SLAs, and developing reporting strategies for the company including for senior leadership
- Manage company-wide data quality issue reporting and tracking tools and procedures
- Develop and maintain tools, templates, and methodologies to support the execution and implementation of Ibotta’s data quality policies and standards
- Drive on-going technology and process improvements and evolution to ensure continuous data quality improvements to Ibotta’s data assets
- Serve as a data quality champion at Ibotta, educating various teams and functions on data quality policies and standards
- Foundational member of Ibotta’s data governance efforts
Here is what we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of data and data analysis experience
- Advanced knowledge of SQL
- High degree of proficiency in a scripting language such as Python
- Experience extracting data from both structured and unstructured sources using traditional data technologies such as SQL but also Big Data technologies such as Hive, Presto, and Spark
- Systems thinker, with the ability to analyze, document, and improve complex processes across many actors, disciplines, and modes of operation
- Excellent communication and presentation abilities with obsessive attention to detail
- Self-starter with “data detective” sensibilities and ability to manage multiple threads and priorities
- Prior data governance experience preferably with direct experience in a data quality role
- Experience developing data quality rules including development and implementation of rules with complex business logic
- Business process improvement experience with a special focus on data quality remediation
- Data visualization expertise and the ability to visually represent even complex data in an easy to understand and consume manner
- Comfort working within a cloud-based infrastructure, ideally AWS
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $500 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, Unlimited PTO and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.