Senior Data Engineer/Architect at Druva
Druva delivers data protection and management for the cloud era. Druva Cloud Platform is built on AWS and offered as-a-Service; delivering globally accessible, infinitely scalable and completely autonomous enterprise data resiliency. Customers drive down costs by up to 50 percent by freeing themselves from the burden of unnecessary hardware, capacity planning, and software management. Druva’s patented cloud architecture transforms backup data into an asset, making it more open and accessible so customers can streamline governance, improve cyber resiliency, and gain critical insights to uncover opportunities and expedite decision making.
Druva has raised over $350m in venture capital, is trusted by over 4,000 global organizations and protects over 200 PB of data.
Druva is hiring a Sr. Data Engineer/Architect to build new data pipelines and scale existing ones. As our company grows, this person will build data infrastructure (data models, data architecture, data apps, data governance) that brings together tech, product, and operational functions and informs strategic decision-making at the executive level.
What You'll Do
- Develop and optimize large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines that ingest structured and semi-structured data from a variety of sources
- Weave data into decision-making and drive cross-functional data-oriented approaches and solutions.
- Research, lead and propose vendors and solutions to scale current BI/Analytics tech stack to industry-leading reporting, analysis, and Advanced Analytics/Big Data decision making
- Ensure consistency and quality through metrics, documentation, processes, data testing, and training
- Design and build reliable, scalable data infrastructure with leading privacy and security techniques to safeguard data
- Manage incoming data requests and prioritize the highest value projects in an organized fashion
- Take over and scale our data models (DBT and Looker)
- Own maintenance/scale/performance of analytic databases (e.g. Snowflake, AWS)
- Use your master SQL/Python skills to craft cutting edge data solutions for both BI and DW Use Cases and Big Data/Advanced Analytics
- Punch through ambiguity and a growing level of complexity when it comes to our organization's data
- Communicate data-backed findings to a diverse constituency of internal and external stakeholders
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years in a data engineer or SQL/Python-heavy data analyst role (high-growth startup environments highly preferred)
- Track record of success in building new data engineering processes and an ability to work through ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to work across disparate teams to achieve consensus on key business decisions
- Ability to build logical and physical data models, data mappings, data flows, data architecture, and data dictionaries
- Expert-level SQL /Python skills
- Exposure to Airflow, DBT, and/or equivalent Data/Dev Ops tools
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and fix data problems in a hands-on manner
- Intellectual curiosity and research abilities
- With the above stated, we are open to candidates of all backgrounds and encourage you to apply if interested! Druva is committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive team and none of the above points are 100% required
- Experience with modern business intelligence and product reporting tools (Looker, Snowflake, Fivetran)
Bonus Points For:
- Exposure to SAAS environments
- Part of a startup acquisition or IPO
- Relentlessly positive attitude, great sense of humor, and the ability to have fun at work!