Senior Data Engineer at Personal Capital
Grow your career with a growing organization
Whether they’re helping people reach their long-term financial goals or providing personal wealth management strategies, every associate contributes to changing the lives of those we serve for the better. When it comes to job satisfaction, that’s hard to beat. And from a personal satisfaction perspective, you’ll enjoy the freedom to support causes that matter to you and experience a truly inclusive work environment. Your future starts now.
About the job:
- You will play a critical role on the Data and Analytics team, responsible for transforming data from disparate systems to provide insights and analytics for business stakeholders.
- You’ll leverage cloud-based infrastructure to implement technology solutions that are scalable, resilient, and efficient. You will collaborate with Data Engineers, Data Analysts, Data Scientists, DBAs, cross-functional teams, and business partners.
- You will architect, design, implement and operate data engineering solutions, using Agile methodology, that empower users to make informed business decisions.
- You are self-motivated, self-directed, and have hands-on experience with all aspects of the software development lifecycle, from design to deployment.
- You have a deep understanding of the full life data lifecycle and the role that high-quality data plays across applications, machine learning, business analytics, and reporting.
- Strong candidates will exhibit solid critical thinking skills, the ability to synthesize complex problems, and a talent for transforming data to create solutions that add value to a myriad of business requirements.
- You have the demonstrated ability to facilitate and take ownership of assigned technical projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and speaking communication skills are required as we work together in a collaborative cross-functional environment and interact with the full spectrum of business divisions.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least 7 years of post-degree professional experience, including:4+ years development experience building and maintaining ETL pipelines3+ years of Python development experience.
- Experience with AWS integrations such as Kinesis, Firehose, Aurora Unload, Redshift, Spectrum, Elastic Mapreduce, SageMaker and Lambda.Experience in mentoring junior team members through code reviews and recommending adherence to best practices.
- Deep understanding of writing test cases to ensure data quality, reliability and high level of confidence.
- Track record of advancing new technologies to improve data quality and reliability.
- Continuously improve quality, efficiency, and scalability of data pipelines.
- Expert skills working with SQL queries, including performance tuning, utilizing indexes, and materialized views to improve query performance.
- Advanced knowledge of both OLTP and OLAP environments with successful implementation of efficient design concepts.Proficiency with the design and execution of NoSQL database to optimize BigData storage and retrieval.
- Experience with API code integrations with external vendors to push/pull data between organizations
- Familiarity with data orchestration pipeline using Argo or Airflow.Knowledge of analytic tools such as R, Tableau, Plotly, Python Pandas.
- Financial services industry experience is a plus
Please note that this role is being posted by Personal Capital, an Empower company. Personal Capital roles are cross-posted to the Empower web site and are also available at https://www.personalcapital.com/company/jobs. For more information about Personal Capital, please visit www.personalcapital.com
What we offer you
We offer an array of diverse and inclusive benefits regardless of where you are in your career. We believe that providing our employees with the means to lead healthy balanced lives results in the best possible work performance.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Retirement savings – 401(k) plan with generous company matching contributions (up to 5%), financial advisory services, potential company discretionary contribution, and a broad investment lineup
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250/year
- Business-casual environment that includes the option to wear jeans
- Generous paid time off upon hire – including a paid time off program plus nine paid company holidays and three floating holidays each calendar year
- Paid volunteer time — 16 hours per calendar year
- Leave of absence programs – including paid parental leave, paid short- and long-term disability, and Family and Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Business Resource Groups (BRGs) - internal networks that rally around common interest, experiences and identities such as race, ethnicity, gender, ability, military status and sexual orientation. BRGs play a vital role in educating and engaging our people and advancing our business priorities.
The salary range below describes the minimum to maximum base salary range for this position in the location listed. Non-sales positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program. Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed base salary depending on individual performance. Actual compensation offered may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.
Base Salary Range$ 97,200.00-160,400.00
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age (40 and over), race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, religion, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.