Who we are...
Connecting people in a more meaningful way is not just what BombBomb’s software delivers - it’s what drives our teams every day. Through simple, personal video, we aim to Rehumanize communication. Our team is resourceful and intelligent. Competitive and collaborative. Fun-loving and tenacious. We’re close-knit and love adding new talent to the mix. If you are seeking a dynamic workplace and new challenges, we want to hear from you!
Who we're looking for...
A Senior Data Engineer eager to learn and collaborate with those around them. You will produce quality results with a low frequency of serious defects and be attentive to the needs of the quality feedback loop, from report to resolution. You have the ability to take ideas and requirements from concept to completion and engage those who are crucial to the project’s success. Additionally, this role will collaborate with others to help adopt best practices and documentation.
What you will do...
- Design, construct and optimize systems to aggregate, transform and process large amounts of data from relational, columnar, and other kinds of data stores
- Improve and monitor our data systems’ performance and reliability against steadily increasing loads and varieties of work
- Develop control structures and promote data hygiene within the data environment to ensure accuracy and quality to support requirements of the business and data users/stewards
- Help continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service modeling and production support for customers.
- Collaborate with other engineers to help adopt best practices in data system creation, data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Provide technical and thought leadership for the direction of data infrastructure
How you'll do it...
Embody BombBomb’s core values: Relationships, Fun, Humility, Flexibility and Service
- Proactivity: Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Persistence: Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Attention to Detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project
- Follow-Through on Commitments: Lives up to verbal and written agreements
- Flexible: Ability to adapt and respond to the changing environment and to constructively create opportunities for change through active participation
Our ideal candidate will be or have...
- 5+ years experience in production level Data Engineering roles
- Proven experience leading projects and building consensus
- Deep experience with various relational databases, tuning, ETL: Oracle, Postgres, etc
- Deep experience with AWS data systems: S3, RDS, DynamoDB, Aurora, Redshift, etc
- Specifically: S3, Kinesis, Glue, Redshift, DMS, Dynamo, SQS, Matillion, Lambda
- Scripting and programming experience: Python, NodeJS, PHP, etc
- Telemetry and monitoring experience: AWS monitoring, datadog, New Relic
- Your unique strengths - if you don't match everything we're looking for, tell us why you'd be a great fit in your cover letter.
The salary range for this position is $110,000 - $140,000 annually. Final compensation for this role is determined by a variety of factors, such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
Work location expectations:
The Senior Data Engineer can work fully remote, but also has the option to come into our office in Colorado Springs.
BombBomb Benefits Package Includes...
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits for you and your family (2 PPO + HSA option)
- Flexible Paid Time Off program
- 8 paid holidays
- 401k Plan with employer match
- Annual Education / Development for your career growth