Senior Data Engineer at OneTrust (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Our Senior Data Engineer will lead a transformation of our data philosophies surrounding the performance and security of data within the system. This position is responsible for designing and implementing new cloud data technologies to meet the needs of our growing platform with respect to performance, security and data privacy. There will also be a need for providing guidance and implementation around our automation and deployment methodologies as we diversify the data platform across the cloud infrastructure. This is a hands-on role which will involve working directly with architecture and DevOps to build robust and performant data systems to support diverse products and data needs.
- Aiding in building the business’ data storage system and processing pipelines within all application stacks.
- Identify, recommend and implement technology stacks to solve appropriate data storage, processing and transmission requirements including assisting reporting and data science with pipeline integration of data analytics, data lakes and aggregation/analysis tools.
- Work with development teams to implement database development practices
- Assist architecture with produced code and artifacts to verify proofs of concept or deliver application level framework modifications.
- Develop automation surrounding database deployment in a CI/CD lifecycle
- Identify and implement solutions surrounding database security, performance and monitoring
- Diagnose and troubleshoot data system errors
- Assist DevOps with automating database maintenance practices
- Work with DBAs on performance tuning of production, integration systems, and product re-architecture needs as identified by performance and security metrics
- Create technical documentation on data systems including structural and flow diagrams
- Mentor/coach developers on data patterns and best practices
- Technical BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ Years SQL Server/T-SQL
- RDBMS 5+ Years
- Experience in a distributed cloud environment
- Cloud native storage
- Azure table/blob
- AWS Dynamo/Red Shift
- Messaging/Eventing (Azure Service Bus/Storage Queues, AWS SQS)
- Azure managed instances/Elastic Pools
- ETL 2+ Years
- Azure Functions/AWS Lambda
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of availability groups and server redundancy practices
- Experience with datastore encryption
- Understanding of/experience with document data modeling and tools
- NoSQL (Mongo/Raven/et al)
- Azure streaming analytics
- Streaming – Eventhub, Kinesis, Kafka
- Understanding of PaaS architectures and implementations
- Powershell, Python or Ruby
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary and variable compensation ranges provided here are just that—a range! The offer that is ultimately extended is based on level of experience, skillset, certifications, and education.
- Compensation: $111,000 - $125,000 base salary
- This position includes unlimited time off, comprehensive benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), monthly tech stipend, and company-paid sabbatical at five years of service.
Bringing the transformative power of the cloud to the compliance and ethics industry, Convercent's award-winning SaaS solution empowers our customers to be more effective and efficient in managing their compliance efforts. With an inclination towards innovation, Convercent is helping our customers raise the standard—and expectations—for how companies safeguard their financial and reputational health.
U.S. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION (COMPLETION IS VOLUNTARY)
Why are we asking you for this information? We are committed to be a more diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. If you choose to fill out these demographic questions, your response will help us identify how we can improve our hiring process to support a more diverse workplace is entirely voluntary. Your responses, or choice not to respond, will not be associated with your application for this role, will not be used in making any hiring decisions, and will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Your responses, or choice not to respond, will not be associated with your application for this role, will not be used in making any hiring decisions, and will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
Hiring from a wide variety of backgrounds is important to us, because our customers and their employees come from a wide variety of backgrounds. Individuals seeking employment at Convercent are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.