Senior Data Engineer at Mersive
Mersive is a rapidly growing software company in downtown Denver that offers an award-winning wireless collaboration product suite that is transforming how organizations work and learn. We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to build out expertise for scaling, cloud-based data management. You will work with our software development teams to build out a strategy for how to ingest, store and report on a complex ecosystem interacting with and managing IoT devices.
A successful candidate will have significant experience managing and scaling relational databases but also knowledge and experience with data ingestion pipelines, queue technologies, real-time data/reporting all within the cloud. This person will also have a drive for continuous improvement, learning new technologies and diving into unfamiliar situations to understand and help us improve.
Who we are:
Headquartered in Denver, Mersive Technologies is well-known as a market disruptor in the collaboration software space that has had 3 straight years of profitable operations and double-digit sales growth. This combination of innovation, rapid growth, and profitability make us a unique technology company. Our wireless collaboration products make the world’s meetings better by a more productive and engaging experience. Among our customers are over 30 Fortune 100 companies and Ivy League universities who use Mersive Solstice to make their workplace meaningful, connected and more enjoyable for everyone. Since launching Solstice in 2014 it has been deployed in over 100,000 meeting spaces through our worldwide sales and integrator partner network.
But who are we? We are a diverse team of over 160 dedicated people who genuinely care about our work, customers, and each other. We promote a culture of innovation, trust, and accountability. We value transparency, intellectual honesty, hard work and community. Mersive is growing quickly, and we are looking for folks who like a challenge and are not afraid to break new ground in either technology or business models.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with both product and development teams to create a scalable data architecture
- Be a primary driver of our long-term data management strategy
- Improve existing data infrastructure to meet demands
- Offer guidance to developers on best practices in data management at scale
- Troubleshoot and identify performance and scaling challenges creating solutions that guide us into the future
- Research new tools and technologies to help give our customers the best possible experience
- 4+ years’ experience in data management/DBA
- Expertise with relational databases, ideally PostgreSQL
- Experience in scaling data platforms
- Experience with no downtime migrations
- Understanding of software engineering, with a preference for experience displaying real-time data
- Demonstrated creative problem solving with empirical skills to drive a project from problem to practical solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, test theories, and iterate quickly are preferred.
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Company paid Life, AD&D, STD, and LTD insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture of collaboration, integrity, authenticity, and innovation.
- High growth and endless opportunity
- Competitive targeted compensation range of between $120 - $180K, inclusive of salary and bonus.
All offers of employment at Mersive are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check. Mersive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Mersive does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. We celebrate diversity in all forms.
By clicking on the “submit application” button and applying for a job at Mersive, you are agreeing to submit your data to Mersive for the purposes of determining qualification for the role. In addition, Mersive will keep the personal data you submit now for future recruiting and hiring processes.