Personal Capital is a leading digital wealth management company, founded in 2009. We’re on a mission to transform financial lives through technology and people, providing both insight-driven advice with free financial tools and personalized wealth management from 200+ registered financial advisors across the country. Personal Capital has raised $315 million in capital from accomplished financial and strategic investors (IVP, Venrock, Crosslink, Corsair, Blackrock, BBVA, USAA, IGM/Power) to disrupt the traditional $30 trillion U.S. wealth management market. Our free personal finance app is utilized by over two million users, helping them track over $840 billion of their personal finances, all in one place. Our award-winning apps paved the way for our advisory firm, which now manages over $12 billion in personalized investment portfolios for American families. Personal Capital is headquartered in Redwood Shores with offices in San Francisco, Denver, Dallas and Atlanta.
You will play a critical role on the Data and Analytics team, responsible for transforming data from disparate systems to provide insights and analytics for business stakeholders. You’ll leverage cloud-based infrastructure to implement technology solutions that are scalable, resilient, and efficient. You will collaborate with Data Engineers, Data Analysts, Data Scientists, DBAs, cross-functional teams, and business partners. You will architect, design, implement and operate data engineering solutions, using Agile methodology, that empower users to make informed business decisions.
You are self-motivated, self-directed, and have hands-on experience with all aspects of the software development lifecycle, from design to deployment. You have a deep understanding of the full life data lifecycle and the role that high-quality data plays across applications, machine learning, business analytics, and reporting. Strong candidates will exhibit solid critical thinking skills, the ability to synthesize complex problems, and a talent for transforming data to create solutions that add value to a myriad of business requirements. You have the demonstrated ability to facilitate and take ownership of assigned technical projects in a fast-paced environment. Excellent written and speaking communication skills are required as we work together in a collaborative cross-functional environment and interact with the full spectrum of business divisions.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least 7 years of post-degree professional experience, including:
- 4+ years development experience building and maintaining ETL pipelines
- 3+ years of Python development experience
- Experience with AWS integrations such as Kinesis, Firehose, Aurora Unload, Redshift, Spectrum, Elastic Mapreduce, SageMaker and Lambda
- Experience in mentoring junior team members through code reviews and recommending adherence to best practices
- Deep understanding of writing test cases to ensure data quality, reliability and high level of confidence
- Track record of advancing new technologies to improve data quality and reliability
- Continuously improve quality, efficiency, and scalability of data pipelines
- Expert skills working with SQL queries, including performance tuning, utilizing indexes, and materialized views to improve query performance
- Advanced knowledge of both OLTP and OLAP environments with successful implementation of efficient design concepts
- Proficiency with the design and execution of NoSQL database to optimize BigData storage and retrieval
- Experience with API code integrations with external vendors to push/pull data between organizations
- Familiarity with data orchestration pipeline using Argo or Airflow
- Knowledge of analytic tools such as R, Tableau, Plotly, Python Pandas
- Financial services industry experience is a plus
This role is available in Redwood City, California or as a work from home position offered nationwide.
Personal Capital is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.