Senior Data Engineer at Healthgrades
Healthgrades is focused on providing trusted information that helps consumers and providers make meaningful connections. As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be building the future of Healthgrades’ enterprise data solutions, enabling health systems, hospitals and providers to better reach those consumers who are seeking care.
The Healthgrades enterprise data platform will enable health systems to create a holistic patient view, eliminate data silos, and improve patient experience. This enterprise platform will bring together once disparate data into a single platform, breaking down data silos and making data more useful across an entire organization. The Healthgrades data platform will also serve as the underlying data management solution for powering Healthgrades CRM and other customer experience execution systems while enabling health systems to reach beyond traditional efforts to improve and manage patient experience and patient engagement.
If you are a technologist and your idea of fun is to play with the latest technology, while delivering a world-class product designed from scratch, you will fit right in.What You Will Do:
- Work with a team of engineers to create products that will directly affect the mission of Healthgrades
- Develop data pipeline features to process incoming healthcare information quickly and reliably
- Review other team members' code for correctness and quality
- Write automated test scripts that power a continuous delivery pipeline
- Refactor and improve the existing code base for simplicity and clarity
- Remove roadblocks to development through collaboration, communication, and creative solution recommendations
- Recommend and drive development best practices and continuous integration and delivery as part of a forward-thinking, agile organization
- 5+ years of experience developing data pipelines or ETLs
- 5+ years of experience in Python, Scala or Java
- Strong understanding of SQL, relational databases, columnar data warehouses, and data modeling
- Knowledge of TDD, automated testing principles, and testing best practices
- Ability to instrument basic automation and CI/CD including a familiarity with Jenkins/Git
- Strong familiarity with cloud based services (AWS) and container technologies (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Experience working with Apache Spark for data transformation & aggregation
- Proficiency with Databricks, and Alteryx is desired
- Previous experience with micro services architecture and API gateways is a plus
- Knowledge (and experience) designing and building distributed systems for scalability and security
- A bias towards self-education of new technologies, techniques and methods
- Test-and-learn mentality – you pivot quickly when an approach is not successful
- Keen attention to detail, eye for design and understanding the value of collaboration with UX/creative and product teams
At Healthgrades, we recognize that our people drive our greatest achievements. We are passionate about maintaining a fulfilling, rewarding and high-energy work environment while setting the stage for your continued success.
- Meaningful Work – empowering consumers with data to make the right decisions for themselves and their families
- Changing the Game - evolving, dynamic culture with career advancement opportunities
- Community Builders- participating in local charity organizations and wellness initiatives
- Robust Perks – generous PTO, 401k contributions, tuition assistance, entertainment discounts & more!