We're looking for a Senior Data Engineer who can find out the solution to support the requirement on service operation and product development. As a Big Data Engineer, you'll understand and manage our data, work with the engineering team and operation team to figure out the tough problem about service operation and product design.
- Gather and process raw data at scale.
- Process unstructured data into structured data, manage schema of new data.
- Manage data access to protect data in a safe way.
- Read, extract, transform, stage and load data to selected tools and frameworks as required.
- Perform tasks such as writing scripts, write SQL queries, etc.
- Work closely with the operation team to advise the solution about service scalability, health monitoring and refining optimization by data analysis.
- Work closely with the engineering team to monitor product performance and track product quality.
- Analyze processed data.
- Monitoring data performance and modifying infrastructure as needed.
- Define data retention policies.
- 5+ years of recent experience in data engineering.
- Bachelor's Degree or more in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experiences on Cloudera CDH platform or AWS Cloud Services, Spark programing, Impala SQL Language, Analyze data via Hive, etc.
- A solid track record of data management showing your flawless execution and attention to details.
- Programming experience, ideally in Python, Java or Scala, and willingness to learn new programming languages to meet goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of ETL, visualization and reporting, with an understanding of the best, most efficient use of associated tools and applications to complete these tasks.
- Experience processing large amount of structured and unstructured data, including integrating data from multiple sources.
- Experience in production support and troubleshooting.
- You find satisfaction in a job well done and thrive on solving head-scratching problems.
Language requirement: English, Mandarin is plus
Colorado Salary Range or On Target Earnings:
In addition to the base salary and/or OTE listed, Zoom has a Total Direct Compensation philosophy that takes into consideration base salary, bonus and equity value. Information about Zoom's benefits is here . Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. We also have a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram