Senior Data Engineer - BI Infrastructure at Guild Education
Guild is hiring for a Senior Data Engineer - BI Infrastructure to lead reporting infrastructure efforts to scale and grow with the business and will report to the Senior Manager of BI Infrastructure. In this role, you will support and drive our overall data strategy and implementation. You will contribute to shaping the future of analytics, decision-making, data science, engineering, payments and partner teams. This role will be a great fit for you if you have a strong understanding and passion for reporting infrastructure, table architecture, efficient ETL data pipelines, and scaling best practices.
Why Guild? Our mission is to increase economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. As a B-corp we are truly aligned to deliver positive outcomes for our students, employer partners, and academic partners.
As a Senior Data Engineer - BI Infrastructure, you will:
- Design, build, and expand Guild’s backend data infrastructure, including ETL, data APIs, and data warehouses
- Translating complex business requirements into usable, scalable data models, warehouses, and marts.
- Build reporting infrastructure needs for a large project (e.g. building a clean data set for data science or onboarding a new client or academic partner)
- Work closely with data and platform engineers to scale reporting architecture and the ETL pipeline based on source of truth tables and events from the event bus
- Support monitoring, alerting, and anomaly detection efforts to measure performance, accuracy, and usage of data and reports
- Build and manage strong relationships with analytics, data engineering, platform engineering, and technical product managers
- Partnering with tech leaders to shape decisions around scalable solutions for data storage and processing for reporting purposes; this includes building, automating, and maintaining business-critical reports to create day-to-day visibility into business performance
- Support and mentor team members by sharing technical knowledge and to help troubleshoot issues that arise and technical skills to be learned
- Current tooling: Fivetran, Snowflake, Astronomer, Airflow, Python, Github, DBT, and Looker
In addition to working on the Business Intelligence team, in this role you will collaborate with other Guild leaders including: Lee Gonzales (Sr Director Engineering Data Services), Tom Hlavaty (Senior Manager of Data Engineering), Rich Haase (Principal Data Engineer), and Beth Meyer (Director of Partnership Analytics)
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 6+ years of experience in business intelligence, infrastructure, data engineering, analytics or a related technical role in a fast-paced business or start up environment
- Experience building data pipelines, custom ETL processes, data warehouses, and table architecture
- Experience with one or more programming languages such as Java, Python, or Scala
- Expertise in database technologies such as Redshift, Snowflake, PostgreSQL, Redis, and working with large sets of data
- Experience with BI tools such as Looker, Tableau, Power BI etc..
- Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively explain technical concepts to other engineers, analysts, product managers, and stakeholders.
- Team player mindset, with strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- A proven ability to thrive in changing environments by having a fast, flexible, cooperative work style
- Passion for our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.