Senior Data Architect
At Workiva we create best-in-class solutions for enterprise productivity. Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is being used by thousands of companies globally, including over 70% of the 500 largest U.S. corporation by total revenue. We love our customers, and they love us back.
As a Software Architect you will work with product teams to turn business requirements into technical implementation plans through prototyping, research, and design; to provide mentoring and technical oversight to a wide range of distributed product teams; and to leverage existing technologies available through Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform.
Role and Responsibilities:
- You will work with product management to identify customer needs and requirements
- You will design components, services, and patterns within our microservice-based ecosystem
- Assist product teams in gaining insight through data and analytics to assist in data driven product decisions, both in development and marketing.
- You will work with the architecture group to help define the company's overall technical vision, architecture principles, and technical strategy.
- You will work with teams to implement agile processes and techniques to enable them to build products consistent with the technical vision and architecture best practices
- Develop strategies and architectures that enable teams to meet goals
- Guide technical direction of company by producing written material, talks and work with teams and individuals to explain company vision to drive shared understanding
- Educate developers on best practices and trends in the industry through mentorship, internal presentations and workshops
- Present content at national conferences on technology trends and best practices in software development, establishing Workiva as a thought leader in software development
- Ensure industry standards in microservices and cloud based architectures are leveraged properly across a range of distributed services\
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in CS, SE or related field required
- 10+ Years of experience in a senior software engineering role
- Expertise in Google Cloud Platform (including GAE, GCE, GCS) or Amazon Web Services (including EC2, Lambda, Kinesis, RDS) required
- Experience of Data Analysis, Data Pipelines, Analytics tooling and Machine Learning techniques.
- Expert level programming experience in Python, Java, or Go
- Expertise in design, development, and support of Microservices / Distributed Systems
- Expertise in data modeling and database systems (both relational and noSQL systems)
- Expertise in system design patterns to produce systems that are robust, scalable, and highly performant
- Experience in RESTful, library, or system API design and implementation expertise a must.
- Excellent technical communication skills, both written and verbal