Senior Data Analyst at Hotel Engine (Remote)
Hotel Engine is the world’s largest Lodging Performance Network, established to create a richer, more rewarding business travel experience by connecting a global network of businesses and lodging partners. Our innovative travel-tech company is on an incredible growth trajectory and will continue to build on our strong foundations by bringing our customer obsession, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision we make.
In December of 2021, we closed our series B funding round with a $1.3 billion valuation, and that’s just the beginning. We expect 2022 to be our best year yet.
Working hard behind the scenes building and supporting our platform are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams to our fast-growing sales, supplier, and member support orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams.
We value our individuality, and we also understand that together, we thrive. Most importantly, we know we’re not for everyone! We’re focused on finding the right people who are energized by our culture, with diverse experiences and backgrounds that will help us unlock our full potential. Complacency doesn’t live here. We’ve built a team of world-class people who really want to work with other world-class people. Click here to view our DNA, and if you like what you see, please, read on!
We are looking for multiple Senior Data Analysts to join our growing Data Engineering and Data Science team. Data is a core competency of Hotel Engine, and the team has a mission to ensure we leverage our data assets as well as advanced analytics and machine learning to deliver product and business value across the organization and achieve our overarching company goals, be they revenue, member experience or scalability goals. The team’s core pillars include building and maintaining our data infrastructure, working with cross-functional stakeholders to deliver high-value business intelligence and analytics, and building data science & ML-driven models and services to power and/or improve our product, increase customer engagement and satisfaction and deliver efficiency gains throughout the organization.
Data Analysts have a key role on the team, with broad responsibilities, an opportunity to directly influence the trajectory of the business, and significant growth potential. You will be responsible for leading key data and analytics projects, will interact with leaders across the organization and will deliver reporting, analyses and insights which are driving decision making by the leadership team. The individual must be highly motivated, a self-starter with a strong track record of achievements, and both an obsession for rigorous work and bias for action.
If you are passionate, about travel, about working on both strategic project and hands-on implementation, and relate to our vision and DNA, please apply.
Here's what you'll do:
- Partnering with stakeholders across product, finance, sales and marketing to lead metrics definition, reporting and analyses
- Lead key analytics projects and derive actionable insights to drive better product and business performance
- Design and build statistical analyses to both answer specific business questions and power some key product functionalities
- Participate in product and growth experiments
- Build relevant data pipelines to generate and track relevant product and business metrics
- Partner with data engineers to establish data assets and feature stores for process automation, advanced analytics, and machine learning model
- Manage the company’s business intelligence reporting dashboards
Here's what we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Operations Research or related quantitative field
- 4+ years of relevant work experience as a Data or Business Analyst with a track record of manipulating, and extracting value from datasets
- Experience building complex SQL queries
- Strong fundamentals in statistics and econometrics (e.g. regressions, hypothesis testing)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex issues and analyses
- Fluency in Python or R preferred
- Experience with AWS technologies, Looker and Tableau is a plus
- Prior experience in experimental design is a plus
- Inquisitive and desire to dig deeper to understand the why behind our data
- The total cash compensation range for this role is $70,000-$100,0000/year with an annual bonus target of up to 15%. Overall Total Earning potential including the bonus is $80,500-$115,000/year plus stock options. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above.
- This role is eligible for remote work. Please check with your recruiter to learn more about the states we already operate in.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine has been recognized on Built-in Colorado’s Best Places to Work list 3 years in a row (2020-2022) for our positive culture and robust growth opportunities.
As a company, we’re also dedicated to giving back to our greater community, and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries
- Annual performance bonuses
- Stock options for all associates + performance-based stock options
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees) + 100% paid dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with a match program
- Unlimited PTO + 2 paid days each year to volunteer with your favorite non-profit
- Paid parental leave and family medical leave
- Hotel discounts through our exclusive platform
- The ability to make a real impact in an incredibly fast-growing organization; you’ll never be just another cog in the wheel.