Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 80 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect – improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are a certified B Corporation, which enables and commits us to put our values into action.
We are seeking a Senior Data Analyst to help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and for the planet. We help our clients succeed by providing them with on-going reports and understanding of their data to inform business decisions, deliver energy savings, and achieve financial targets. We also contribute to the public sector by providing regulators, Attorneys General, and other government stakeholders with data that they rely on to make key decisions. We are a distributed team with three members in Seattle, one in Portland, and three in Colorado.
What you get to do:
- Investigate and explore our diverse products and data to lead decision making for standardizing reporting capabilities with tooling and processes
- Work closely with a broad range of stakeholders, such as Customer Success Managers, finance and accounting experts, product marketing managers, software engineers, and data scientists
- Build out automation and tooling for recurring reports, including teaching and mentoring software engineering skills
- Manage your own workload, with strong input into what lands on your plate and flexibility on where, when, and how you do your work
What you will contribute:
- Passion for our mission and the stories we can tell with the data we provide
- A strong desire to lead and share your knowledge and skills through your work to grow the collective strength of the team
- Attention to detail to ensure that our reports are accurate and we are following consistent processes to generate them
- Motivation to streamline current and new processes to automate repeated steps and increase efficiency
- Compassion and team spirit to support our clients and your fellow teammates
Skill and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first. If you feel you might belong on our team, we invite you to apply even if your work history doesn't perfectly fit the criteria below.
What you bring to Uplight:
- Professional, and/or educational experience with three or more of our team's core tasks: accessing data, analyzing data, transforming data, packaging data into reports, automated reporting and maintenance, and managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders; OR the ability to demonstrate your skill in one or more of these tasks as part of the interview process
- Three or more of:
- Proficiency in data manipulation in Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency with SQL or other structured query languages
- Proficiency in writing and reviewing programs or scripts with Python or other languages
- Proficiency with automated tooling for data transformation and delivery
- Experience with Looker, Tableau, or other Business Intelligence tools
- Experience in the utility industry or other heavily-regulated industries
- Other skills or training that is thematically similar to the above
- Experience handling personally identifiable information (PII)
- Experience managing direct reports or mentoring teammates
- Experience working on remote teams
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
- We are proud to be over 300+ rebels with an important cause to help create a more sustainable planet
- We are committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities
- We provide unlimited PTO, with a suggested baseline of 4 weeks per year
- We provide excellent benefits that kick in on day 1, along with a generous 401k match
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.