Senior Data Analyst for Product Growth at CircleCI
- Lead all things data for a growth team in our Product organization
- Identify the drivers of activation, monetization, and engagement
- Analyze large, rich data sets
- Improve our product which helps 100,000+ developers build and deliver software faster
- Build our product and growth analytics practice
You will be a member of CircleCI's data science and analytics team reporting to our director. The data science and analytics team is focused on improving our product experience and building a data-driven product culture.
You will be embedded into CircleCI's growth practice. The growth practice is four teams spanning Product and Engineering. Each growth team is led by a product manager and supported by an analytics lead (that’s you!).
Growth teams deliver measurable improvements to our product experience. To do so, they collaborate across CircleCI’s entire organization, including product, design, and marketing as well as application and data engineering.What you’ll do:
- Be a brilliant analyst: Turn business problems into research plans. Leverage data from the data lake, data warehouse, third parties, and source systems. Work confidently with clean and messy data. Aggregate, clean, and explore. Soundly use statistics and probability. Tell compelling stories. Build impactful visualizations. Present insights to peers and executives. Drive action and outcomes. Turn repetitive analyses into dashboards.
- Lead analytics for a product team: Partner with product managers. Brainstorm ideas, experiments, hypotheses, and roadmaps. Collaborate to fully understand context, needs, vision, and outcomes. Ask smart questions. Set team goals. Define, document, monitor and forecast KPI. Perform root cause analyses on key metrics. Define requirements for developers to improve data instrumentation.
- Understand our product and customers: Analyze product features, journeys, and life cycles. Drive conversion, engagement, and efficiency across our funnel. Focus on activation, monetization, engagement, and retention. Identify customer characteristics and behaviors. Improve segmenting and cohorting.
- Leverage a growth toolkit: Define the models, paths, and loops of growth. Identify and prioritize opportunities for incremental improvements. Work in cycles of build, measure, and learn. Define, implement, and interpret A/B tests and other experiments. Educate stakeholders on statistical validity.
- Build a growth practice: Scale success. Celebrate fast failure. Mature from one-off tactics to repeatable processes. Define best practices. Embrace not just quantitative, but qualitative; not just analytics, but creative thinking. Define requirements for data engineering to improve data, automation and analytics capabilities.
- Six years total of analytics experience with three years in Product or Growth: At least six years of analytics experience in total. At least three of those years in an analytics role specifically focused on product or growth.
- Experience at a high-growth company: Analytics experience with high-growth businesses. Ideally, those with well-defined, product-enabled funnels and complex, high-volume customer flows.
- Technical education: A bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics or Finance). A similar Master’s degree is preferred.
- Proficiency across analytics tools: Deep experience with analytical SQL queries (e.g., inner/left/right joins, CTEs, and window functions). Some experience with scripting within a notebook environment, preferably using Python, Pandas, and Jupyter. A desire to grow your modeling, machine-learning, and data-science skills. Familiarity with basic statistics (e.g., distributions, experiments, significance testing, and linear regression). Experience with a major analytics/visualization platform (e.g., Tableau or Looker).
- Proficiency across growth tools: Productive with growth tools. Specifically a product or events analytics platform (e.g., Google Analytics, Amplitude, Segment) and an AB testing tool (e.g., Optimizely, VWO).
- Passion for data, discover, and problem-solving
- Curious; confident; open to questioning assumptions and being questioned.
- Effective communicator across technical and business audiences. Able to manage stakeholder expectations and work with hands-on executives.
- Entrepreneurial; fast-moving; able to balance vision and execution; and not easily discouraged. Instinct for value, and focused on the incremental.
You can work remotely anywhere in North America. You also have the option to work out of our San Francisco, Denver, Boston or Toronto offices. CircleCI is a distributed company with team members across 50+ cities and 13 countries.How To apply
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and a cover letter if you’d like to let us know describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open-source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (GitHub, Twitter, Stack, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate. We’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.