Senior Cost Estimating & Pricing Analyst at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
Senior Cost Estimating & Pricing Analyst
Lead the Cost Estimating and Pricing function and mentor department personnel throughout the Opportunity Phase and Proposal Phase of the program lifecycle. Operate as a Subject Matter Expert in most aspects of the Estimating System Description (ESD).
What You’ll Do:
- Lead new business proposals, ROMs and program change proposals as needed. Ensure cost volumes are compliant with regulatory requirements and prepared in accordance with company practices.
- Lead proposal pricing strategy and analysis of proposals.
- Support the Estimating and Pricing organization with development, enhancement, application and training of cost estimating and pricing processes, tools, historical cost data, and Cost Estimating Relationships (CERs). Document, assess and apply lessons learned to future proposal efforts.
- Support with implementation of required Estimating and Pricing tools and processes. Provide feedback on these tools and processes to support improvement where necessary and support groups involved with cost estimating & pricing and business management initiatives to improve processes and tools, as requested.
- Support customer fact-finding and negotiation efforts. Support audit efforts with internal and external auditors (DCAA or DCMA).
- Assist in new business pursuit and associated pricing strategy. Assists in identification, development and implementation of new pricing policies and processes.
- Prepare cost review presentations.
- May mentor and train less experienced professionals.
- Support the SBU with reviewing and forecasting ROMs and proposals.
- Support change proposal negotiations.
- Develop effective negotiation support for new business and change proposals.
- Provide required information to related functional organizations (Contracts, FP&A, Project Controls, Supply Chain, Program Management, SBU, etc.).
- Prepare and maintain required estimating / pricing / proposal documentation in accordance with company procedures and government regulations.
- Ensure that all business is conducted using the highest ethical standards and in compliance with all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations as well as company policies and directives.
- Perform and interpret Monte Carlo and EVA (Economic Value Add) analysis.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS in a related field plus 8 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Willingness to learn and grow in role.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems following established policies and procedures.
- Ability to function in a high paced dynamic teamwork environment.
- Proficiency in the use of MS office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Proposal leadership experience, government contracting experience, and experience working with data using Tableau / Power BI preferred.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $89,000 - $120,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.