Senior Consumer Research Analyst at Ibotta
Ibotta is looking for a Sr. Consumer Research Analyst to support the implementation and execution of market research projects that influence the strategic decisions for some of the nation’s leading brands and retailers. We are open to filling this role at the Analyst or Sr. Analyst level.
What you’ll be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Outhustle, Teamwork, Transparency & A good idea can come from anywhere
- Design and execute custom surveys and market research reports to meet the objectives of external clients.
- Analyze large amounts of data to create compelling stories and actionable insights for our external clients.
- Develop and produce high quality reports that are concise and focused on implications & recommendations.
- Present key findings to clients with confidence and professionalism.
- Support the sales team on client calls by providing recommendations on how to best answer the client's questions via custom research design.
- Lead the implementation of new research methodologies as well as the enhancement of existing methodologies.
- Moderating qualitative research including crafting discussion guides and building reports.
Types of projects we help brands with:
- Consumer Identification & Purchase Drivers [e.g. who is buying their product & what are the key drivers of purchase].
- Concept Testing & TURF Analysis [e.g. what are the optimal new flavors and what new product drive the highest appeal].
- New/Loss/Retained Surveys [e.g. determine why consumers have started, stopped or continued to buy a specific product].
- Online and In-Person Qualitative Research [e.g. moderation of in-depth-interviews, focus groups and ethnographies – both online and in person].
- And so much more!
What we are looking for:
- 3-5 years work experience in consumer insights, market research or related analytical field
- Previous market research work and moderating qualitative research experience is preferred
- Experience with quantitative or qualitative research methods
- Experience with designing and executing surveys
- Proficiency of both Excel and PowerPoint, knowledge and experience with SQL preferred
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate insights and methodologies to both internal and external clients
- Knowledge of statistical analytical approaches and experience with Decipher or another survey platform a plus
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $750 million in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.