Senior Compensation Analyst at Checkr
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
We are looking for a Compensation Analyst to help us attract, retain, and motivate the best talent by providing analysis, consultation, and insight for compensation and total rewards related matters. The Compensation Analyst will work cross-functionally and will collaborate in the planning, development, implementation, communication, and administration of compensation programs and mechanics that support Checkr’s overall strategy. Your work will touch our short and long term incentives, reward and recognition programs, benchmarking and survey analysis, and more. Join us and be a part of a mission-driven company that is passionate about investing in our people!
- Support market-based compensation survey participation and lead the annual compensation benchmarking and market research review process
- Perform analysis and benchmark roles against survey data and other market intelligence to evaluate market positioning and ensure market competitiveness in creating annual compensation and equity ranges
- Perform job matching and support leaders with education on job families
- Administer our annual compensation planning cycle
- Enable self-service and automation wherever possible
- Develop compensation models and conduct statistical analysis
- Participate in a variety of HR and compensation related projects, including ad-hoc studies, projects and analysis
What you bring:
- Deep experience in the compensation field, ideally in a fast-growing, global tech company
- Strong understanding in compensation fundamentals including job evaluation methodologies, market pricing, equity mechanics, bonus/incentive and commission plan development, comp structures, pay ranges, comp analysis, testing, auditing and reporting
- Ideally, experience administering equity programs in a pre-IPO stage
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills and proficiency in Google Apps (e.g., sheets, slides, and docs) and Microsoft Office is required
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required
- Ability to work independently and as part of a distributed team, and maintain confidential and highly sensitive information
- Proven time management skills and an ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and high level of organization required
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $124,950-$147,000.
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.