Senior CLO Compliance Analyst at FIS (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the Team
The CLO/CDO Compliance Team is responsible for modeling, reviewing and stress testing compliance models for Collateralized Loan and Collateralized Debt Obligations (CLO/CDO) and similar transactions.
What You Will Be Doing
The Senior CLO Compliance Analyst is responsible for ensuring models are developed, reviewed, and tested in accordance with transaction documents, to ensure quality standards are achieved.
- Transaction management to perform deal modeling responsibilities:
- Review deal documents to identify potential inconsistencies or interpretational issues
- Liaise with deal closing team to communicate and resolve any issues with Collateral Manager, Underwriter and Rating Agencies
- Identify and communicate any potential gaps with current system functionality to Director of Analytics and develop requirements for programming staff
- Configure and test models to the specifications of the testing and report requirements defined in deal documents following established methods and standards
- Perform complete stress-testing of the models and any new functionality developed by the programming staff
- Liaise with the Client Services Manager to ensure the data, model and report are complete and meet the client's expectations
- Perform ongoing maintenance and support of the models through the lifecycle of the deal
- Work well across business lines to ensure process and procedures are streamlined, while minimizing liability and risk
- Confront issues openly and quickly
- Tactfully communicate sensitive information
- Perform QC responsibilities, engaging with Trust Account Managers and Senior Analysts to maintain and continually improve an efficient and effective process for verifying the accuracy of compliance models. This involves:
- Review compliance models against transaction documents to ensure models are complete.
- Review compliance models to ensure they follow established methods and standards.
- Stress-test models to verify expected results and produced.
- Communicate results to management and working with modeling analysts to resolve defects
- Analyze results of QC reviews and use data to continually improve overall process through creation of new standards, updating of procedures and communication with team.
- Track and review team status reports
- Monitor and manage workloads and deal allocations
- Serve as key participant in team and client meetings
- Adherence to deadlines and targets
- May mentor, guide, advise and/or check the work of less experienced business systems analysts
- Conduct performance reviews and manage team in accordance to company standards and policies
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting, or commensurate business experience
- Knowledge of financial markets and understanding concepts such as structured finance, securitization, fixed-income securities
- Experience reading/interpreting and calculating compliance tests and guidelines from CLO indentures
- Thorough understanding of our service offerings, technical preferences, and technical direction
- Advanced Excel skills, and high proficiency with Microsoft software
- Ability to mitigate risk and identify gaps in process and procedures in order to implement solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
- Resourcefulness and proactivity in gathering information and sharing ideas
- Desire to develop a working knowledge of new software applications
- Strong leadership skills to pursue excellence in all aspects of business and work with the highest ethical standards
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and multi-task
Added Bonus If You Have
- Experience with Microsoft SQL or other programming language
- Knowledge of CLO, CBO, and/or CDO transactions
- Experience with CDO Suite or similar CLO administration platform
What We Offer You
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- A broad range of professional education and personal development opportunities
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility, and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.