Senior Business Intelligence Developer - COGNOS at Ball Aerospace (Greater Boulder Area, CO)
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Senior Business Intelligence Developer – COGNOS
What You’ll Do:
- Work in conjunction with System Implementation partners to configure and manage the Deltek Costpoint Business Intelligence (Cognos Analytics 11) platform throughout a major Costpoint accounting system reimplementation.
- Administer and maintain the Deltek Costpoint BI platform post-implementation.
- Participate in the full lifecycle of BI development including requirements gathering, design, development, testing, deploying, maintaining, and providing end user support.
- Create and implement guidelines and support routines to keep the Costpoint BI environment aligned with BI Architecture ensuring the Costpoint BI platform is configured optimally for best performance.
- Coach/Train teammates in the development of Costpoint BI solutions.
- Build a strong Deltek customer service relationship for Costpoint BI support needs and future product roadmap insight.
- Monitor and troubleshoot the performance of the Costpoint BI platform.
- Work with business users to document data analysis and reporting requirements. Focused on building a strong Deltek customer service relationship for Costpoint BI support needs and to document data analysis and reporting requirements.
- Identify the source systems that contain the required data and assist in developing extract and transformation programs to load the data into the data warehouse.
- Create formatted reports, analysis cubes, and dashboards, based on defined requirements.
- Assist with and adhere to the data architecture and design standards.
- Plan and execute unit testing.
- Perform routine administration and maintenance tasks within Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse, Data Virtualization, and Advanced Analytic platforms.
- Monitor and troubleshoot the performance of Business Intelligence, Data Virtualization, and Advanced Analytic platforms.
- May evaluate new and existing hardware/software solutions and make a recommendation based on implementation feasibility and cost.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s in Information Technology or a related technical field plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience with BI applications, Enterprise Reporting, OLAP, Dimensional Modeling and Data Warehouse development, implementation, and maintenance.
- Experience with Cognos Analytics products required.
- Proficient in PL/SQL, SQL programming language.
- Must have strong documentation skills, organization skills, and the ability to interact with team members cross-functionally.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $108,500 - $149,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.