Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
About KG Lewis
KG Lewis is built on 16 successful years of helping businesses of all kinds navigate change, challenge, and transformation. Our consultants are pros in agile project delivery, program offices, post-M&A integration, and a wide range of technology disciplines. When our customers can’t afford to fail, we’re at our best.
Cultural impact. Business impact. Career impact. What unites our diverse team of professionals is a passion for constant learning, solving problems, transforming businesses, and making the world a better place inside and outside the office. If this sounds like you, let’s talk!
KG Lewis offers a great benefits package as well as a culture that supports continuous learning and career development. We offer all of our employees access to industry-leading training platforms and technology-focused research tools to help them personally and professionally in their careers.
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
KG Lewis is seeking an experienced Senior Business Intelligence Analyst to strategically design and implement the Power BI toolset including integration with SQL databases and data warehouses. This includes blueprinting, gathering requirements, designing, and rolling out BI solutions to end users. The Business Intelligence Analyst is also responsible for ensuring high levels of BI availability through support functions and in-depth testing. This role requires managing workload with minimal oversight.
- Assess and cultivate long-term strategic goals for Power BI development in conjunction with end users, managers, clients, and other stakeholders
- Direct, organize and lead projects in the implementation and use of the Power BI tool
- Design, code, test, and document all new Power BI programs
- Develop the semantic layer, metadata, reports, and report definitions
- Develop graphs and portal interfaces utilizing Power BI
- Analyze user requirements and, based on findings, design functional specifications for the Power BI application
- May be required to produce ETL design guidelines to ensure a manageable ETL infrastructure for the BI system
- Managing Power BI Applications Development, SharePoint Business Intelligence, SQL Server Data Modeling, SQL Server, SSIS Management, Dashboard Solutions
- Work with project managers to ensure that data entry, retrieval, change, and delete functions meet business requirements for project completion
- Conduct job duties and responsibilities according to the organization’s business systems development methodology and/or its Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology
- Design and deliver end-user training and training materials; provide technical support as necessary
- Troubleshoot dashboards, visualizations, systems, and software; performance-tune these applications as necessary
- Act as an evangelist for BI benefits across the organization; promote BI usage to relevant departments
- Mentor and/or provide leadership to junior members of the team
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or computer engineering
- MCITP or MCSA certification desired
- Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Microsoft Power BI training desired
- SSAS/SSRS/SSIS desired
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience
- Experience in the Oil & Gas upstream and midstream industry desired
- Comprehensive data warehouse analysis and design experience, with full knowledge of data warehouse methodologies and data modeling
- Experience working with PowerView, PowerPivot, PowerMap, PowerQuery
- Experience working with SSIS
- Expertise building SSAS Tabular and Multi-dimensional models
- Experience with SSRS to configure and set up Native Mode reporting services
- Experience with tier-one applications, databases, and data warehouses, such as MS SQL Server, Crystal, SAP and others
- Strong ability to analyze user requirements and build front-end BI applications according to specifications
- Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
KG Lewis is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, disability or any other status protected by state or local law. It is KG Lewis’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship for non-U.S. citizens.