Senior Business Intelligence Analyst, Infrastructure
Guild is hiring for a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst who will sit at the intersection of data, reporting, analytics, and our external partner relationships to help shape and deliver internal and external business-critical reporting and value-added data insights for the Partnerships team. You will be responsible for organizing, standardizing, and analyzing our data to tell deeper stories about our business – where we are, where we’ve been, and where we need to go. This role will have a critical impact on the business and our students by providing visibility into and opportunities for improvements across all aspects of our operations.
As a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst you will:
- Lead and execute reporting infrastructure projects for large cross-functional initiatives
- Work closely with data and platform engineers to scale reporting architecture based on tables from across different platforms and events emitted from various services
- Build, maintain, and own reporting ELT (extract load transform) pipeline
- Build and manage strong relationships with business analytics, data engineering, and technical product managers
- Partner with tech leaders to shape decisions around scalable solutions for data storage and processing for reporting purposes; this includes building, automating, and maintaining business-critical reports to create day-to-day visibility into business performance
- Create, maintain, and improve company-wide and executive dashboards and models using our BI platform
- Support strategic decision-making through detailed analysis, insights and reporting on key cross-company performance indicators and OKRs in a collaborative manner
- Monitor performance, accuracy, and usage of data and reports
- Support team members in troubleshooting issues that arise
In addition to working on the Business Intelligence team, in this role you will collaborate with other Guild leaders including: Lee Gonzales (Sr Director Engineering Data Services), Tom Hlavaty (Senior Manager of Data Engineering), and Christine Hettinger (Group Product Manager).
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 5+ years of experience in business intelligence, infrastructure, data engineering, analytics or a related technical role in a fast-paced business or start up environment
- Proven business experience with a scripting language like Python or R, SQL (Redshift/Snowflake/Hive/Presto experience preferred), Excel/Google Sheets, and BI Tools (Looker a plus)
- Demonstrated attention to detail and commitment to reporting accuracy
- Analytical, intellectually curious, creative problem-solver who is comfortable going beyond data access to analytics and strategic insights
- Keen design and data visualization skills – you know how to transform data to generate useful insights and be easily digestible
- Strong written and oral communication skills – you can build analytical and decision support models, synthesize recommendations, and create effective presentations for all audiences
- Team player mindset, with strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Passion for our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise
- Something else? Wonderful, we're curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.