Senior Business Analyst at HomeAdvisor
About the team:
The Product Analytics team provides analysis for and works closely with the product teams who develop and test different consumer and service provider experiences on our site and app. Our business is a two-sided marketplace of homeowners and service professionals, which makes our jobs complex and data rich. We work daily with the operations and product leadership teams to develop, execute, monitor, and refine initiatives that drive value and quantify that value as it pertains to financial performance. Due to the multifaceted nature of our business, our team provides an excellent environment to stretch your business acumen, technical know-how and quantitative skills while providing insight to the company.
Additionally, the team supports Category Management team who focuses on improving the pro and consumer experience, and economics, of their particular lines of business. This involves surfacing metrics, providing insights and identifying opportunities that align with their category goals.
What will you do?
- Be a valuable partner to the category management team, providing data-driven insight and analysis.
- Work with category owners to improve P&L economics
- Learn the complex HA ecosystem and be the subject matter expert on all data and objectives relating to the team you support.
- Synthesize large data sets into digestible information.
- Establish reporting and ongoing monitoring to ensure proper strategic execution.
- Pursue new approaches to solving problems with creativity and innovation.
- Develop your technical skills – particularly in SQL, Tableau and Adobe Analytics.
What qualities are we looking for?
- Flexibility and willingness to go from one task to the next
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical field such as Business Analytics, Engineering, Finance, Economics, etc.
- 3+ years of professional experience in a financial/business analysis role
- Advanced SQL experience and knowledge of relational databases, Tableau or Adobe Analytics experience a plus.
- Superior analytical, problem-structuring, and problem-solving skills; experience synthesizing data into information, and presenting concise analyses
- Strong grasp of statistics and statistical software (R, Python, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Intellectual curiosity balanced with an orientation for getting stuff done