Senior Business Analyst (ADX-116-20)
THE COMPANY: ArcherDX, Inc. - www.ArcherDX.com
ArcherDX is advancing molecular diagnostics with a robust technology platform for genetic mutation detection by next-generation sequencing. By combining patented Anchored Multiplex PCR (AMP™) chemistry in an easy-to-use, lyophilized format and powerful bioinformatics software, the Archer® platform enhance genetic mutation identification. ArcherDX provides oncology-focused research products and is pursuing regulatory approval for multiple companion diagnostic assays. ArcherDX is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado. Learn more at www.archerdx.com and follow @ArcherDXInc on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
ArcherDX's patented chemistry and powerful bioinformatics software have placed us at the bleeding edge of the fight against cancer and other genetic diseases. You'll join a multidisciplinary team focused on improving and maturing the Information System ecosystem.
ArcherDX has a unique opportunity for the right candidate to play a pivotal role in creating a culture of customer service and innovation for the department. The IT Sr. Business Analyst will have the following roles:
- Act as a Business Analyst and work across the organization with many different departments. In this role, the candidate will gather requirements, guide process mapping with various departments critical processes and help guide software validation initiatives.
- Act as a System Analyst. This role will work across IT and various business units to bring a common mindset for software implementation and identifying future goals. The selected candidate will work with system stakeholders, including internal users, customers, and investigators to ensure that our platforms provide an outstanding user experience.
- Act as a Data Analyst. Work closely with the ERP system administrator and customers to understand requirements regarding; process, data, and system usage. Provides accurate, real-time data to support business decision making.
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including, but not limited to the following;
- Process Analysis
- Facilitate business workshops to develop common business processes using industry-standard references
- Document end to end process flows using diagrams, SIPOC analysis, procedures and work instructions that support effective system usage.
- Create, update and maintains documentation to be compliant with the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and regulatory agency guidelines
- Understand ERP processes and ancillary systems to guide and coach business users on the best possible use of tools.
- Participate in the development of specifications and ongoing management of proposals and contracts for hardware, software, and services.
- Using process knowledge and documentation, assist with application selection to solve business problems
- Apply industry best practices and methods such as; APQC, LEAN Six Sigma, ISO, TOGAF, etc... to improve and enhance business processes
- System Analysis
- Learn ArcherDX Enterprise Systems applications as the Technical Subject Matter Expert to the business
- Understand inherent application processes, work with business users to optimize application and process effectiveness
- Configure and tune selected applications to support ArcherDX's business processes
- Document system and process interfaces and dependencies.
- Investigate new technology using industry benchmark tools; Gartner, Forrester, McKinsey etc... apply as needed to improve bottom-line results and business effectiveness.
- Data Analysis
- Design, develop and implement environments to support data analytics
- Advises business analysts on methods to query and use data effectively
- Assist with ETL operations and database optimization and validation to ensure data integrity
- Develops reports, dashboards and tools to assist with the development of "Key Process Indicators" or "Objective and Key Results".
- Project deliverables
- Uses Project Management methodology and techniques providing structure and guidance to others to reach established goals.
- Lead, identify, design and implement IT applications to meet business process requirements.
- Perform organizational change management and communication to facilitate application adoption.
- Regulatory deliverables
- Define, review, execute, and ensure compliance with policies, standards, and procedures related to Computer Systems Validation (CSV) and qualification of systems including infrastructure components.
- Leads project-specific CSV efforts, including assistance with execution of the test plan, assembly of test results into a validation package, and addressing concerns and findings raised by quality assurance personnel.
- Maintain training currency and compliance regarding ArcherDX's Quality Management System, Employee Manual, and Safety procedures.
- Stakeholder management and customer success
- Dedicated to quality client service and pro-active and responsive to client needs.
- Recommend changes to own area that will improve the overall effectiveness of operations.
- Troubleshoot problems and develops bridge-building solutions that improve client relationships.
- May serve on committees, task forces and other inter-departmental teams.
- Willingness to travel to local offices up to 10% of the time.
- Between 3 to 5 years’ experience as an IT Business Analyst. Experienced with process analysis, system analysis, and data analysis (required)
- Strong technical writing and modeling skills; examples definition of process workflow, work instructions, training material (required)
- Experience with several relational databases in an enterprise setting; PostgreSQL, SQLServer, Oracle, etc… (required)
- Experience with ERP/CRM systems. (preferred)
- 1 – 2 years’ experience with AWS (preferred)
- Demonstrated experience with Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS), system configuration to match business process requirements.
- Project management experience as a PM or team member using Waterfall, Agile or Kanban methodologies
- Must have a focus on customer service and the drive to create and foster a culture of innovation, inclusiveness, and transparency.
- Demonstrated experience with non-product Computer Systems Validation (CSV) (preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to understand business processes, troubleshooting issues, root cause analysis and suggesting and configuring solutions that foremost address the business problems.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve service offerings, operations, decrease turnaround times and streamline work processes.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency to help internal customers.
- Strong background in developing and maintaining effective internal IT processes.
- Familiar with ITIL practices such as change, configuration, and/or knowledge management is a plus.
- Ability to learn new systems, processes, and technology and apply skills through project work and development of training material
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- High energy, self-motivated, approachable and articulate team player.
- Ability to communicate successfully technical concepts to non-technical people.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills.
- Strong attention to detail demonstrating accuracy.
- Great problem-solving skills; able to anticipate and recognize problems, diagnose root causes and take corrective action to prevent a recurrence.
- Flexibility to adjust quickly and effectively to frequent change and altered priorities.
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and changing environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or, equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered