Senior BI Application Architect (Remote) at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
Enterprise Big Data Solution provides FIS big Data capabilities including large scale data processing, analytics, fraud platforms, machine learning engineering, stream processing and data insights. Enterprise Big Data Solution help maintain and advance cloud data platforms and services to build data products powering our business services and customers.
What you will be doing
- We are a cloud first organization and with that our BI toolset is cutting edge technology across multiple vendors (Snowflake, Tableau, WebFOCUS, Superset, Thoughtspot)
- Collaborate with development and engineering teams to ensure best practices are followed and processes are documented for system tool creation and management
- Advise IT management on technical strategies, design patterns, and practices relevant to the optimization and continuous improvement of BI development within the organization
- Align BI solution designs to corporate and IT strategy through analysis and technical review processes.
- Mentor developers and other software development staff on the use of BI technology to solve business problems
- Support BI tools upgrades, testing and documentation.
- Diagnose and resolve BI tool capacity issues.
- Recommend strategies to improve performance, scalability and capacity of BI tools
- Plan and implement upgrades
- Enterprise architecture implementations, build end to end self-serve Bl system
What you bring
- In-depth experience in architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of complex application architectures. (i.e. having an architectural sense for connecting data sources, data visualization, structured and unstructured data, etc.)
- Practical knowledge in BI application best practices: including administration, security, & clustering and the ability to communicate the pro & cons of each based on strategic implementation goals
- Knowledge of user security, network security, including architecting externally facing BI applications is a must
- Experience implementing BI tool in a cloud environment is required
- Hands-on application implementation and architecture knowledge of many of the listed application is required [WebFocus, Tableau, Superset, Looker, SQL, ThoughtSpot]
- Knowledge of design and implementation of enterprise workflow systems, distributed architecture, intranet/internet architecture, and communication architectures.
Added bonus if you have
- Experience working in solutions over any major Cloud provider (AWS, Azure, GCP) is a plus
- Visualization development experience is a plus
- Financial Services experience is a plus
- BI tool administration certification is a plus
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility, and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.