Senior Analyst, Strategy and Business Analysis at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Responsible for data analysis and insights discovery on the commercial/market intelligence team including support on strategic projects for Ball Beverage Packaging North and Central America. Supports developing long range objectives and strategic plans for the division through complex data modeling, analysis and market research.
- Provide analysis and modeling on highly visible strategic projects, collaborate cross-functionally to structure problems, understand opportunities, and gather data across teams
- Develop and maintain data collection processes to ensure consistency in reporting across multiple data platforms, and create easily accessible dashboards for variety of business stakeholders
- Create and manage data models for use in complex analysis
- Research and track market trends, providing regular research reports to broader commercial team
- Monitor industry dynamics including competitor actions, external business environment, and company performance
- Utilize external and internal research/data to identify impacts to network and Ball demand caused by can market trends, competitor intelligence, and market share developments
- Organize complex business problems into project structures that can be researched, analyzed, and solved. Synthesize findings and summarize a broad range of data inputs into frameworks that enable clear communication of data and insights
- Use Ball supply and demand data, market data, and future opportunities to understand Ball’s competitive position and provide recommendations for the long-term commercial strategy
- Broad training in a related field acquired through college. Bachelor’s degree required
- Job related experience for 3 years minimum in a data science, financial analysis, business analyst, or related role
- Excellent analytical skills, with ability to analyze and interpret large datasets
- Experience with data management and visualization tools such as: Essbase, SQL Queries, Tableau, Qlik Sense
- High proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong research approach, able to work well with both quantitative and qualitative data sources to provide data-driven insights
- High competency critical thinking with ability to draw relevant insights from research and data
- Able to balance data analysis with data visualization
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks with very short timelines/deadlines, excellent execution
- Preferred to have experience with IRI, Nielsen or similar market analytics platforms
Demonstrated Ball Leadership Skills:
- Inspirational Role Model-Understands themselves and seeks opportunities to learn. Shows composure, responding consistently, openly, and courageously in all situations.
- Authentic Leadership-Demonstrates humility in the way they lead others. Takes a stand for what is right and admits their mistakes.
- Leadership Presence-Inspires trust in the broader organization. Acts on a sense of what the organization most needs to elevate its impact and move forward through complexity.
- Relationship Builder-Listens and empathizes, engages a wide range of people. Embraces peoples' differences and helps every individual feel special and valued.
- People Grower-Encourages leadership in others and takes risks to help others grow. Champions collaboration across the organization.
- Culture Champion-Consciously evolves the culture to help secure the future of the business. Recognizes where behaviors need to change and how to change them.
- Results Oriented-A desire to make things happen, sets stretch goals, and motivates others to achieve them. Always looking to create a better result for customers.
- Future Catalyst-Communicates a vision of the future that compels others and helps them see around corners. Embraces change, takes risks, and seeks diverse perspectives.
- Breakthrough Strategist-Sees connections others don't see. Translates this new insight into break-through strategies that open up new directions. Enrolls others in the new.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $77,500 - 115,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans