Senior Analyst - Project Controls at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
Senior Analyst – Project Controls
Leads the Project Controls effort performing scheduling functions on aerospace and defense programs. Responsible for leading program planning and baseline development, resource loading of the schedule, baseline management and control, and with schedule status, analysis and reporting.
What You’ll Do:
- Be recognized as leader in Project Controls with responsibility for interfacing with customer and industry experts.
- Program Planning:
- Adhere to company policies/procedures related to Project Controls.
- Review customer contract, statement-of-work and CDRL requirements and develop a plan to meet requirements. Communicate plan to program team.
- Lead the program team in implementing ANSI/EIA 748 Guidelines and CPR/IPMR DID Requirements as applicable.
- Create a schedule management plan to develop the schedule and document schedule assumptions and constraints.
- Lead the program team in the development of the program IMS.
- Lead the development and implementation of the program baseline to meet the Earned Value Management System Description requirements.
- Lead the program team toward development of the Performance Measurement Baseline.
- Support development of programmatic opportunities/risks and their mitigation strategies. Provide inputs to risk manager.
- Perform Schedule Risk Assessment and provide analysis and results to program manager, Ball management, and customer as required.
- Resource Load Schedule:
- Experience with resource loading a schedule using Microsoft Project 2010 or greater.
- Work with Control Account Manager to ensure resources are not over-allocated.
- Provide resource reports as required.
- Baseline Schedule Development and Maintenance:
- Assist program team in development of CWBS, CWBS Dictionary, CWBS Index, OBS and RAM.
- Cross-reference the schedule with the SOW, WBS, OBS, and product structure.
- Assist program team to determine tasks on critical path seem appropriate from a technical and risk standpoint.
- Incorporate changes into the schedule baselines as required following proper change management process. This includes resource modifications to the baseline.
- Assist with subcontract and material baseline development, maintenance and analysis.
- Schedule Status, Analysis and Reporting:
- Ensure schedule updates are entered into the IMS as provided.
- Ensure adequate resources are applied to tasks to complete the work.
- Provide the estimate to complete resources to the cost analysis.
- Provide comprehensive schedule analysis.
- Determine if schedule provides relevant and current status and forecast of completion dates for all authorized work and is aligned to the cost system.
- Provide the program with primary and secondary critical path analysis.
- Run integrated schedule risk analysis tool as needed and take any necessary corrective actions based on the results.
- Develop and issue all customer and management schedule reporting. Provide reports and analysis to Control Account Managers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 8 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience using Microsoft Project 2010 or greater.
- Experience resource loading schedules using Microsoft Project 2010 or greater.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $87,000 - $117,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.